His first impressions

His first impressions

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

Right after his date with a real jewel, Ed is challenged by his friends.

"

As soon as he entered the pub his friends looked up at him, with worried faces.

What’s the matter with him?’ Someone asked in a whisper, but Ed heard it. Nevertheless he joined his three friends’ table, and sat down facing them.

Well you’ve surely heard the question Ed.’ Don turned to him with a stern look in his eyes.

Yeah I’ve heard it, I’m fine and sorry to be that late.’

Did you hear what he said? He’s sorry, and we sat here waiting for you since five pm pal.’

Yeah and we’ve got some twenty five minutes left to learn where have you been, if you don’t mind of course.’ Another one of his friends suggested.

Well you do know that I’d a date?’

Sure Ed but how it came out? Watching your pale face means you aren’t going to buy a wedding ring, are you?’ Bill remarked smiling and they all burst out laughing.

Well yes it’s early yet, but I’ve met an extremely beautiful wench a real jewel; and I did all I could to court her to her satisfaction, just like a bird of paradise male dancing on a tree branch before her eyes. But it looks like I’ll have to work much harder, to make her mine.’

What’s her name Ed, do we know her?’ One of them dared to ask.

That’s none of your business boys.’

Okay the next rounds are on you lover boy!’

© Haim Kadman 2019 - all rights .reserved.

© 2019 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

50 Views
Added on August 15, 2019
Last Updated on August 15, 2019
Tags: literature, short, story, a, pleasant, surprise

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman