His own choice

His own choice

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

A short imaginative love story.

"

His own choice

Eliza’s parents were my own parents close friends, she was their only child just like myself; and we used to play and spend our time at the sea shore togahther during our childhood one summer time,

I remember a certain picture of both of us side by side in bathing suits on the beach, Eliza with a happy smile all over her face, while myself with a rather serious mien.

I was just five or six years old then and my mother kept telling me: “Eliza is your future bride, you’ll marry her when the right time will come.” I wasn’t impressed of course simply because I was a child still, and as soon as my mother uttered that certain prophecy I forgot it right away; or rather I did my best to forget it, I didn’t like being told what to do or how to act even at that young age. Thus my mother continuous chatter oh how Eliza is sweet and so and so forth didn’t convince me to like Eliza. I didn’t hate her I simply didn’t pay the slightest attention to her, just because my mother urged me to like her.

After a few months we moved and the ties between Eliza’s parents and mine were cut off. Years later when we were both of us teenagers we met again at my parents’ home. The ties with Eliza’s parents were renewed and she was sent to spend the summer vacation with us. She was a good looker had a lithe body, but I treated her as a relative of mine and nothing else; and that summer was the last time that I’ve seen her, during my entire life.

And thus I’ve developed a prejudice against romantic relationship with our relatives’s daughters, or girls that my late mother intorduced to me or implored me to court.

Several years later I’ve paid a visit to my parents’s relatives and I was surprised while seeing their only daughter, which was a child when I’ve met her for the first time. But at that certain visit I was astounded by her exquisite beauty, I was very impressed by her fascinating appearance, but I was already in a very serious relationship, which turned into marriage a few months later, I left Nancy’s parents home without introducing myself to her. In any case she was a teenager at that time, while I was a grown up man already.

The years passed by and we’d each one of us his own family, and after several decades we lost our love ones and became widowers both of us. We’ve met after a decade of separation by mere chance, I fell in love with the enchanting Nancy who’s still very alluring and beautiful; I courted her devoutedly and won her heart and her fidelity, and since then we’re togather…

We’ve better let our past be, and live the moment. We’re not young anymore Dave.’ Nancy remarked as she sat beside me, and kept watching my computer’s screen.

@ Haim Kadman 2020 �" all rights reserved.



© 2020 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

38 Views
Added on May 16, 2020
Last Updated on May 16, 2020
Tags: literature, prose, reminiscences, love, devotion

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman