The first phase

The first phase

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

Planning the future of the Italian scientist, after having seduced him to defect.

"

The first phase

The Bait

An excerpt

Thursday morning at nine forty five am, Igor was summoned urgently to the directory head’s office. He met there just the directory’s head and his deputy. It was just his second time in his entire career to meet the big boss, and to report to him in person the project’s advancement.

The elimination of her husband was done with outstanding expertise, thanks to the security training chief instructor’ The directory’s head noted with satisfaction.

But how did she react? And do tell us all about the steps you took right after her husband’s death.’

All the trainees except the two that were injured, and the crew of instructors paid the deceased’s family a visit of condolence on Tuesday afternoon, and participated in the burial procedures, which included the ceremony at the church; and up to the burial of the deceased at the cemetery, all the expanses were covered by us. As for Vera she’s recovered physically more or less sir, but mentally she’s still in a state of trauma.’

Well it’ll make it easier for you to persuade her to accept her future assignment then.’

That’s right sir.’

When do you intend to prepare her to her next mission?’ The directory’s head wished to have the project completed successfully, as soon as possible. ‘Won’t nine days of mourning be enough in our current urgent case?’ The directory’s head question surprised both his deputy and Vera’s operator.

With your permission sir I would suggest to let her stay with her family the entire forty days of mourning, she’s an intelligent and wise woman sir...’

So you think that she might smell a rat?’

Yes sir that’s what I’m afraid of, she might suspect that we’d to put her husband away.’

Alright Igor we accept your opinion and your suggestion, but provided that you’ll manage to persuade her to take the project’s next step on. What is the Italian doing meanwhile?’ The directory’s head expressed indirectly his doubts concerning the long delay implications on the project’s main personality.

He’s allowed to roam free in our capital during the day hours, and he visits museums and typical touristic sights sir.’

See that he won’t take fancy to exotic young females Igor.’ The directory’s head warned him indirectly, letting him know that he is well aware to how things are run with the Italian scientist.

I’ll take care of it sir.’

I expect you to do so, you’re free to return to your duties Igor.’

On his way to his office Igor called the Italian. ‘Where are you right now Fabrizio?’ He asked in Russian, as the latter was already rather affluent in the Russian language, thanks to Vera’s teaching.

I’m at the Old Tower, why have I messed something up Igor?’ Fabrizio answered him in English.

No just hail a cab and return to your room, we’ll have lunch together, and call me back when you’ll be in your room.’ Igor instructed him and switched off his mobile.

Back in his office he checked all the surveillance reports concerning Fabrizio’s daily meandering in the capital. Since last Monday after Vera left and headed to the hospital with him to her late husband’s bed, While Fabrizio visited the space museum, the polytechnic museum, and today he visited the Red Square. He obeys strictly his instructions, Igor summed up his quick check with satisfaction, when he put some order on his desk his mobile rang. ‘Okay I coming Fabrizio,’ he answered him, and called the headquarters cafeteria and ordered lunch for two.

@ Haim Kadman 2020 �" all rights reserved.

© 2020 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

38 Views
Added on August 18, 2020
Last Updated on August 18, 2020
Tags: literature, suspense, thriller, prose, espionage

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman