What’s his tale

What’s his tale

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

A short satirical story,

"

What’s his tale

As soon as he crossed the pub’s threshold, his three friends watched him with worried faces.

What’s going on with him?’ One of his friends asked in a whisper.

But Ed heard his question and quite clearly. He ignored the question, which was supposed to reach his ears; he joined his friends’ table, and sat down facing them rather calmly.

You must have heard the question I assume, didn’t you Ed?’ Don asked with a scrutinized gaze.

Yes I’ve heard it and sorry for coming that late.’

Did you hear what he said…? And we’re sitting here since five pm, in wait for you dear friend; and just twenty five minutes are left until colosure time. Do you mind telling us where have you been?’ Bruce expressed Ed’s friends hurt feelings.

But you do know that I’ve had a date, don’t you?’

Sure Ed, but watching your pale and worried face, we’re quite sure that you aren’t going to buy her a wedding ring the first thing tomorrow.’ Jack remarked with a broad, and the three of them burst out laughing gaily.

Well you’re quite right, it’s too early even to think of it; but I met a stunning young woman a real diamond, and I didn’t spare efforts to court her… Just like a male bird of paradise dances on a twig, spreading its colorful feathers before its supposed mate.’

What’s the name of that real dimond Ed, do we know her?’ One of them asked, expressing the curiosity of all Ed’s three friends.

That’s none of your business boys.’

Okay lover boy all the rest rounds are on you, capish?’

@ Haim Kadman 2020 �" all rights reserved.

© 2020 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

14 Views
Added on August 31, 2020
Last Updated on August 31, 2020
Tags: prose, literature, short, story, meeting, tale

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman