The Pink Villa

The Pink Villa

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

An exerpt of my thriller "The Global Threat"

"

The global threat


As soon as he landed at the Turkish air force Akinci airbase's airfield at nine pm, Hakim Aidan and his small entourage of half dozen agency members, were driven to the Pink Villa at the C'ankaya K'osku presidential compound to meet the current president and dictator Ismat Erdogul; that took over the presidency and declared himself sole ruler, after a successful coup d'etat in which he got rid of the opposition leaders and the previous president, and that happened about six months after he almost had to resign due to accusations and the crowds' fierce demonstrations on top of it, which endangered his political career. The army and the police high ranking officers that opposed him, or were suspected as such were mopped off; The previous president Abdullah Gulash was forced to retire and was exiled to spend the rest of his life in London, while Erdogul with the power and the financial resources, which he had amassed ruled the country without the loathsome opposition that was totally crushed.

While Hakim Aidan the ex undersecretary of the governmental intelligence agency the dictator's friend and most trusted man, was promoted to replace his boss as Prime Minister and held the national defense ministry and the national intelligence agency under his sole control.

The small convoy of two limousines escorted by five police motorcycles crossed the presidential compound and the vast garden, up to the Pink Villa entrance where they got off. They were ushered politely into the first ground waiting hall, where they were served with small plates of kebab skewers plus mineral water and coffee; while Aidan went upstairs to meet the president in private, to update him on his trip to Teheran. He was watched by security cameras hanging all along the broad marble stairway, plainclothes body guards roamed the corridors in pairs; but as soon as Aidan's image appeared on the screens in the control room, the body guards abandoned the corridor that led to the president's guests' room where Aidan was expected. The door of the ante room was open and the president secretary led him up to the guest's room's door and opened it up, to let him in; he announced Aidan's name and shut the door leaving Aidan all alone with the president. This ceremony made Aidan smile whenever he was ushered in that way to meet his president, but the president accepted it as an expression of Aidan's joy each time he met him.  Erdogul left his seat and went the few steps up to the approaching Aidan, to embrace him and kiss slightly both his trusted man's cheeks.

'You must have brought me good tidings; I can see it written all over your face Hakim, alright let's sit down.' He added and led Aidan to his desk.

'Well how was it?' Erdogul asked as soon as they sat facing each other.

'Fine and fruitful and I've brought the alliance agreement's draft with me.' Aidan answered and pulled a manila envelope out of his jacket's inner pocket, and handed it to the president. Erdogul pulled the document out and read it, while Aidan waited patiently to his boss comments.

'So they didn't object to our demand to annex a slice of the Northern part of Syria from Aleppo up to Al Hasaka in the east, and they didn't haggle with you?'

'No they didn't they're very eager to have us on their side and accomplish this certain goal together; while Bashir has no other choice but to comply.' Aidan answered him with a broad smile on his face.

'When do they expect us to start the invasion?' Erdogul wondered with knit brows.

'In about a week or ten days maximum your Highness…'

'Is it feasible at such a short time, and do remember the American airbase in Incirlik, that's one more hurdle we'll have to overcome.' 'We've thought about it very carefully your Highness; we'll organize a provocation and blow up a few charges south of Adana and not far from Incirlik too at night time of course; as if Al Kaida groups of terrorists tried to attack the Americans' base there, and it will cause some damages in Adana.

'Damages won't be enough Hakim, see that there'll be some casualties too.'

'Alright we'll see to it.' Aidan hastened to obey his president.

'Are the chief of staff high command aware to our plan?'

'No they'll be simply ordered to invade, and if they'll have doubts in the long run they'll be updated.

'I see so the army's task won't be hard to accomplish, but we'll have quite a headache ordering the Americans at the end to clear off; and we'll have to intern the terrorist volunteers left in the camps were they're trained near the Syrian border, before joining the free Syrian army. But there're the volunteers American instructors, which we'll have to order to leave the volunteers' camps first of all.'

'There're just a handful of them, we'll send them to Ankara, and somewhat later order them to return to the US at end of our offensive.' Aidan assured his president, letting him to understand indirectly that all the needed operations were already taken into account.

'Very well Hakim let's go down and join your top men I want to shake their hands, and we'll have a festive dinner with them.' 

@ Haim Kadman 2012 �" all rights reserved.



© 2020 Haim Kadman


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

12 Views
Added on September 23, 2020
Last Updated on September 23, 2020
Tags: suspense, thriller, intelligence, literature, prose, middle east

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman