The warning

The warning

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

Chapter 8 of the thriller "The Imperative U-turn".

"

The Imperative U-turn

Chapter 8

After he dropped Ilayev at the Hamilton hotel, at the end of the drive briefing; the press attache’ returned to the embassy, and to the safety of his office. As he just opened his office door the phone on his desk was ringing. He went quickly over raised the receiver, and heard the ambassador’s voice ordering him to reach his office.

He must have complained against me the old b*****d. The press attache’ thought worried, on his way to the ambassador’s office.

As he opened the door and entered the ambassador’s office he realized that it wasn’t going to be a head to head meeting, the first secretary was sitting beside the ambassador.

Oh come in Ivan, and do sit down.’ The ambassador ordered him in fact, while the first secretary was ogling him like a bird of prey.

The press attache’ sat opposite the ambassador with a lowered head, and then raised his face and watched the ambassador’s eyes with a quizzical look all over his face.

So how everything is getting on Ivan?’

Fine sir, everything is getting on fine...’

I expect a detailed summary of whatever took place from the moment you’ve met subject matter up till now!’ The ambassador ordered his press attache’ with a decisive raised voice.

This operation sir is top secret...’

I know Ivan, but according to center I’m you’re under direct command, and if you’ll keep that strange behaviour of yours I’ll send you back home, and ask for a replacement.’

A tensed silence ensued while the ambassador kept watching Ivan’s face.

I’m your superior Ivan both ways, and from now on you’re ordered to inform me on every step that you’ll take; so what are the last steps, which you took with our man, and what exactly is his mission?’

I don’t have the slightest idea what is his mission sir, the little that I do know is that he’s to move tomorrow morning to a rented apartment; and there he’ll be instructed with a series of sms messages what he’s supposed to do.’

So tomorrow is the D day, isn’t it?’

That’s what I believe too sir.’ The press attache’ answered quite relieved.

@ Haim Kadman 2020 - all rights reserved.


© 2020 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

65 Views
Added on December 5, 2020
Last Updated on December 5, 2020
Tags: thriller, suspense, intelligence, espionage, embassy, meeting, warning

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman