Good riddance

Good riddance

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

Chapter 12 of the thriller The Imperative U-turn.

"

The Imperative U-turn

Chapter 12

At the end of the emergency meeting concerning the embassy’s preparations to the introduction meeting between the ambassador and the US next president, the ambassador asked the press attache’ to stay on.

I’d like to have a few words with Ivan.’

Very well sir,’ the press attache’ answered him, while watching the last of the meeting participents leave the ambassador’s office.

Last night the ambassador sent a codded message to center, and the short and negative answer, which worried him while he read it was an insult in fact. “This certain operation that needed the embassy’s help at its beginning, is being run independently from now on. And we’ve no itention to involve our embassy in the United States in its developments, if anything will go wrong God forbid we won’t be involved; but nevertheless they might summon me to answer a few questions at the State Department... But the ambassador could not believe that his press attache’ was cut off too. Thus the solution to his problem was rather simple.

Listen Ivan you’re flying home tomorrow night for a couple of weeks’ leave...’

But sir though I’m under your straight command I’m supposed to accomplish several confidential errands by center direct orders.’ The astounded press attache’ barged into his superior’s last sentence.

Yes I know it Ivan up to the last detail, I’d a long codded dialogue with center yesterday night and that’s what I was asked to do.’ The ambassador answered him with a benevolent smile and handed him a one way ticket to Moscow airport.

The shocked press attache’ took the ticket with a shacking hand and a pale face, and muttered his thanks hardly audibly.

Soon after he left the office the ambassador uttered a sigh of relief. I hope center will send me a much better agent, than this coceited good for nothing b*****d. He concluded with a series of coughs, and called his secretary to order him, to send a crew of the embassy members to check the press attache’ whereabouts and to see him to the airport tomorrow night.

@ Haim Kadman 2020 �" all rights reserved.

© 2020 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

70 Views
Added on December 21, 2020
Last Updated on December 21, 2020
Tags: Suspense, intelligence, espionage, excerpt, embassy, aspirtations, solution

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman