Mythology

Mythology

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

A few thoughts on history.

"

I'm a lover of history since my early childhood. As a boy of hardly four years  I used to spend hours in our neighbors living room, watching photo albums of anciet Greece, I can still see in my mind's eye Alexander the great defeating the Persians led by their king Dariavesh.

They were childless our neighbors, and that's why they cared so much for me.

Nothing is more beautiful and rich than the Greek Mythology, although I do love our own history from Abraham up to the return to Zion, still Greek mythology fascinates me. I do like the Roman history too from the early days of Sula and Marius up to the end of the empire. I was more with Hannibal, Spartacus and Verkingetorix the Gale who have almost conquered Rome, than the Roman emperors, and you can guess why. I never liked their policy of "bread and entertainment", which erased Athens wisdom " it isn't different from nowadays 'reality programs'.

Thus Hercule and his endeavors, Troy and Priamos, Paris and Helene, Cassandra who begged them: 'Don't let the horse in!' Hector and Achilles, Menelaos and Odiseus, and his long trip back home… Thesous who killed the minotaur but forgot to change his ship's black sails, to let his father Agheous know that he succeeded and he's  alive. Pericles the Athenian politician and commander so wise and resolute. But the greatest of them all is Leonides the Spartan king who stood the Persian invasion to Greece at Thermopile with his three hundred warriors up to their death.   

And all this is just a drop in the Aghaian sea.

Haim Kadman August the 10th 2011 " all rights reserved.

© 2011 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

364 Views
Added on August 10, 2011
Last Updated on August 10, 2011
Tags: mythology, fables, history

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman