The death sciences

The death sciences

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

My book was published yesterday December the 6th 2011 on Kindle of Amazon.com.

"

Farewell to all the publishing houses home and abroad, farewell  to all the literary agents I've been running after for three decades almost; I'm a published author thanks to Amazon.com Kindle �" bless their souls �"  cheers, bottoms up!!!

 

THE DEATH SCIENCES

 

SYNOPSIS

During a clandestine meeting in the old city of Jurusalem, not far from the holy shrines to Islam, Christianity and Judaism; Samir Mashrawee is persuaded in a sophisticated brainwash procedure to murder his ex rector in the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, and thus gain the right to become a member in a terror organization.

The story is told through Samir’s viewpoint, a Palestinian youth who lives in Silowan, an Arab village at the outskirts of Jerusalem. After the war of 1967 Silowan was annexed to the state of Israel, its habitants became Israeli citizens. Thus Samir carries a blue identity card and is entitled to work in Israel and study in its academic institutes. He is a tall good-looking youth, and his appearance does not reveal his Arab origin. His social connections during his studies at the Hebrew University were mainly with his compatriots, the few Israeli Arab students and with Ghill, the Israeli student with whom he shares an apartment not far from the university.

Right after slaying his ex rector, he is whisked to the southern resort region of Taba near Eilat, on Egyptian soil; by two organization members, Leila and Taher, an Israeli Arab taxi driver. According to their cover story Leila is his just wed bride, and they are on their way to their honeymoon. He spends about a week with Leila at the luxurious five star Hilton hotel at Taba.  The fact that their relationship is a cover story, and the fact that Leila in on her way to wed her fiancé, who is a prominent P.L.O leader, does not impede Samir from raping her, on the first opportunity he has, when they are left alone in their luxurious suite. A week later, on reaching Cairo he parts with Leila, who proceeds to her awaiting fiancé in Tunisia.

According to clandestine rules he has to keep away from the P.L.O. offices and await instructions. As the whole operation including his rescue, has been executed not long ago and in haste; his compatriots in Cairo are eager to get rid of him. They fear the Mossad long vindictive arm, and send him on a round about course to Amsterdam, to join the local P.L.O group over there. His arrival causes mistrust and alarm among the small group members Thus they decide to send him on to the London group �" that group’s lack im manpower is well known. Samir lands in Heathrow Airport to meet Karim, who becomes his operator and trusted comrade. There he hops to pursue his academic studies. But things change in a very drastic manner, when he is suspected of

being an Israeli, a spying mole inside their organization.

 

18 chapters, 71.373 words

The cover was designed by my son Boaz Kadman, an artist, graduate of Bezalel academy, Jerusalem. Master of arts.

 

 © Haim Kadman 1989 �" all rights reserved.                                   

 

© 2011 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

337 Views
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on December 7, 2011
Last Updated on December 7, 2011

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman