A crucial moment

A crucial moment

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

A glimpse of my book The Remote Control Job.

"

A crucial moment

It was a crucial moment, he had to persuade Nick that “his Nicole”, was kept and preserved for him alone. Whether she pulled in the meantime, a few strings with a few or some more lovers at their ends was none of Nick's business of course �" nor his own. But it wasn't too hard to achieve it, as Nick's blind faith in her proved to be unshakable and there was nothing yet there that could change Nick’s mind.

'You do understand no doubt that I don't know her, and the few details which I do know are as I’ve already said, your instructions and nothing else. '

It dawned on Nick all of it, like a sudden crashing down of an avalanche. Nicole did know everything, every small detail... I was not wrong at that time, she did not know exactly how and when or where! Just as John knows only a name and it might be a firm's code name, as far as he's concerned! It was not Saigon she had ties with, but with them!  She's a part of that intricate spider web, as John is �" as I myself am from now on, whether I wish it or not! Holy mother of God! The Mob are a bunch of kids compared with them, to those efficient and ruthless pros! It’s them! It must have been them behind the staging of my rescue… They were behind the death of those poor devils, which escorted me to the jungle's edge and the chopper... But could it be true...? Am I that important for them?  He was baffled, utterly confused and could not bring himself to believe in his own assumptions.

Good God... He kept thinking bewildered still. They are the roughest and cruelest of all, only the VC's could compete with them on equal terms, which between the two of them are the most horrible!  But if I wish to see Nicole again, I’d better keep my mouth shut!  Isn't it the common principal they share with the Mob... Why deceive myself, I'd better face the truth I’m already involved in it! He concluded in a sudden flash of awareness.

Haim Kadman 1991 �" all rights reserved.

© 2012 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

106 Views
Added on February 14, 2012
Last Updated on February 14, 2012

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman