A strange encounter

A strange encounter

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

A flash story fits today's problems.

"
 

They have hardly settled down in the cab’s rear seat, when the cab driver announced: ‘I’ve got to refuel.’

‘Do we have to pay him for that sort of thing? Isn’t it some kind of extortion?’ His wife wondered.

‘Never mind, how much it would cost us, a few more dimes nothing more. He counts on your reactions; he’s a good looking young fellow and Italian…’ Her husband added with a chuckle.

‘Well yes, he’s a beau, not my cup of tea though.’ She added turning a quizzical look at her husband.

They entered the first filling station and stopped there. The driver got off, refueled, and vanished suddenly �" worrying both of them.

Hardly a minute passed and the driver was on his way back. A woman was in his wake, following him like a shadow, she was a pretty woman.

‘He’s back I see him in the external mirror.’ The passenger told his wife, while watching with much interest the woman that kept following their driver.

The driver did not bother to look back, opened the door and settled down in his seat. Right at that moment the young woman approached his window.

‘Mi manca dinero per la benzina.’ (I need money for petrol) She said in Italian bending down towards his handsome face, watching his eyes.

‘Non sono il banco di Roma, me dispiace.’ (I’m not the bank of Rome, sorry). He replied dryly, switched on the engine, and off they rode.  

 Haim Kadman 2010 �" all rights reserved.

© 2012 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

96 Views
Added on March 6, 2012
Last Updated on March 6, 2012

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman