A triple review

A triple review

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

a short report about several reviews

"

 

‘I was planning a safari before you came, a serious one of some three or four days.’

‘Should I be prepared for a safari, at this weekend?’ Shatz asked more perturbed than surprised. Is he going to mess up my plans?

‘Of course not, I’m still busy on weekends.’ Everon reminded him, glancing at Shatz with disapproval. ‘I thought of doing it in the near future, after the club’s championship. At about Passover, if things would turn out as I expect them to turn.

 

The book ‘An African Sunset’ is my first one, and is based on my own experience while I served my country in Togo, West Africa; and to what I have been exposed in that part of the world.

It is fiction of course, but it does describe the slow and steady morale decadence of a small group of people, who were sent to assist the population of a certain country.  In spite of the ideals and good wishes of those who sent them and that group’s own expectations, the sudden change in their status of life compared with the locals poverty, turns them into arrogant and covetous lot without being aware to it.

The protagonist a young expert is faced with the feuds and intrigues of the delegation members, he falls in love with the expert's wife, which he is about to replace, their short desperate love affair ends up abruptly, when his love and her husband return to Israel.

 

`Alright, spit it out!' Abu-Naeef exclaimed as soon as they calmed down. `You're supposed to be bright so let's have it straight, and don't force us to mess up this nice place with your blood, and the rest of your body's liquids!'


"The Death Sciences" is my third book and is my best one, as far as I'm allowed to judge it. I've done my best to create an absorbing and convincing thrilling plot from start to finish, and I believe that I've managed to do it.
The narrative is being told through the point of view of the protagonist, a Palestinian youth, a graduate of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem that joins a terror organization against his will, he is left with no other choice.
Apart from being a thriller this book emphasizes the differences of mentality, culture and tradition between West and East, which the main obstacles to reconciliation and peace.

He had a deep dislike to those sleek and ambitious young men, who were ever so eager to remove anyone aside by any possible mean, to shorten their way to the top. No more than two seasons earlier, he was still heading the biggest net in Asia; their one and only source of reliable information from Saigon, the enemy's heart. While this efficient clerk, in whose comfortable office they were sitting right now never left Hanoi, from the day he was installed in this same office; or who knows, even never before " all along his short career.

 

 ‘The Remote Control’ is my second book and as far as I’m allowed to judge, I’ve done my best to create an absorbing and convincing plot from start to finish, and I believe that I’ve managed to do it.

It's an espionage thriller that starts with the protagonist captivity during the Vietnam War and ends up in Montreal Canada. It tells us about a mysterious love affair between two enemies, an American marine and a prominent member in the North Vietnamese intelligence service, comrade Lee Chen Woe.

 

© 2012 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
Added on March 26, 2012
Last Updated on March 26, 2012
Tags: review, books, amazon, publishing

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman