The dream

The dream

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

A description of a dream.

"

The dream

 

‘What troubles you?’ She asked.

‘Nothing, what makes you think I’m troubled? I’m fine, absolutely fine.’

‘It’s written all over your face.’

‘Really, oh come on you’re pulling my leg…’

‘Not at all, spit it out! You’ll feel much better right afterwards.’ She said decisively.

‘I’m not sure you would like to hear it.’

‘Whether I would like or not isn’t relevant, leave it to me! I must hear it.’

‘Okay then, I’d a dream last night. I dreamed I’ve visited you, in what looked like a hospital…’

‘Is it some kind of an omen or what? It doesn’t frighten me in any case, go on I’m listening.’

‘I dreamed last night that I’ve been in a hospital, in a small three walls chamber next to your bed. There wasn’t a door to it. Your bed was on the other side of the wall, where I was waiting. A woman visited you and talked to you, and though I was so close I couldn’t hear, but waited till she’ll part. I could see you somehow through the wall that separated us " well, it’s a dream.

I approached your bed and you asked me to help you to get up and leave it. We strolled side by side in a hall full of other patients and some more visitors.

I saw only you. I said there was something I wish to tell just to you, and you said that if I wish to hug you I don’t need excuses; all I’ve to do is just say it. I hugged you and whispered your name in your ear. You asked to return to your bed, I helped you and tucked you in " and then I woke up.’

‘Is that all then?’

‘Yes, that’s all I can remember.’

‘Are you serious? Is that what troubles you? Don’t’ be rediculous!’

‘I knew I shouldn’t have told you. I usually wake up without remembering whether I've dreamed or not, but this time I woke up and remembered it vividly. It scared me don’t you see?’

'Why has it scared you…? You should have uttered a sigh of relief on waking up, don't you think?'

'Well yes you're right,' he said laughing. 'But I thought it would please you.'

 © Haim Kadman " all rights reserved.

© 2012 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

326 Views
Added on April 22, 2012
Last Updated on April 25, 2012
Tags: dream, description. dialogue

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman