END OF A RELATIONSHIP

END OF A RELATIONSHIP

A Story by Harsh Kumar Chaudhary
"

1 of 4 Parts. Can you love like this? Do you want a love like this? What will you do if this happened to you?

"

1

 

Vikram Chaudhary, A guy next door. Like every other guy or more like every other expectant middle-class Indian Man, who is expected to be the best version of himself for everyone he is connected to.

Vikram has always been a perfect son for his parents, and a perfect friend and now he is practicing to be the perfect husband. Vikram is the spot where you can put all your secrets. He can bring you out of any life-threatening situation. He can also be the shoulder you want to cry on and a fantastic experience to ride on. He is always emotionally available for his friends and family, he loves to live on the verge, and excitement is his charger, but now that he is getting married to the love of his life, Jiya Sharma, Vikram promised himself that he will be a changed man after marriage, he will no longer look for excitement in almost everything other than the bed, he will keep a little more distance with his female friends and he will try to be the best husband ever.


Jiya and Vikram were senior-junior college mates. It was once in the initial days of college when Jiya with her friends came to class of Vikram for a casual ragging session. While seniors were busy teasing juniors in every possible embarrassing way, a guy named Anuj went straight to Vikram and asked him to do 50 push-ups, but Vikram, here, who just got first sight of Jiya, was already lost in thoughts.

It took no time for Jiya to notice that a guy is gazing at her and she went to Vikram, shouted at him, and said ‘Do as Anuj asked you to’. Minutes later, Vikram was the hero of the class and all seniors were silent because Vikram did more than expected, 51 push-ups. Vikram had a smile that reflected a route of life.


In the following days, Vikram knew who he wants to spend his life with. Bunking classes, hours of wait for Jiya’s one sight, getting tuition where Jiya was studying, and her discussions in his group. Things started to change, his world was revolving around her, he was enjoying all of it but never wanted to stay in that revolving phase only. Jiya on the other hand was noticing everything. It was quite embarrassing for her to be followed by her junior but that feeling stayed for a month only. Whenever her friends teased her taking Vikram’s name, she felt butterflies in her stomach. There was a spark between them but none of them was ready to confront the other. Vikram could have easily translated her positive reactions if she was not Jiya. Knowing the fact that she likes him, the fear of getting rejected stopped him every time he wanted to make a move. Jiya knew how to interpret the body language and actions of Vikram but her gender and her seniority stopped her.


Kusha, Vikram’s first, best and oldest friend, was seeing this all and she knew what to do.

One day Jiya found a letter in her bag and angels in her heart wanted to read that letter in front of Vikram. She went to the canteen where Vikram and Kusha were fighting over a plate of noodles. Vikram gave up noodles the moment he saw her. His jaw dropped. Jiya came and sat in front of him and opened the envelope, Vikram thought she was about to propose to him and he started blushing, on the other side of the table Jiya thought Vikram is being shy. They both didn’t have any idea that this letter was neither a proposal from Vikram or a love letter from Jiya. Kusha with her legs resting on another chair was enjoying noodles and the scene that felt like a movie.

Jiya started to read “I am dumb. I don’t know how to express but I love you”.

Vikram was blushing like he was a small-town girl who is asked to dance in front of thousands of people, between those blushes and smiles he whispered ‘me too’.

Jiya, who thought this letter was written and sent by Vikram, was blushing too.

Kusha finishing her noodles, got up and said, if you guys are done with your blushing drama then please talk to each other.


The next day 


You wrote me a letter and you said to me too. Why? Jiya asked.

A question mark equipped Vikram’s face when he said, I wrote the letter? I thought you were brave enough to make the first move.

They knew who did this and they were thank full that this happened.

Vikram called Kusha to thank her but the phone kept ringing only.

Kusha whipping her tears knew that the stunt she had performed, affected her life most negatively.



With every passing year, their relationship became stronger and finally, the day came when Vikram found himself confident enough to get down on his knees and propose to Jiya with a ring.

She said YES.

Before they tie the knot, they went to different cities and started partying as hard as they can.

Vikram invited all his college friends and rented an Airbnb. It was a one-week-long party.


Drinking and dancing for a week was the only aim for all party animals, they played games, hugged each other, talked about old days, and bitched about teachers and professors.

5 party animals. Vikram, Kusha, Kavya, Manish, and Abhinav.

Sipping whiskey, Abhinav started, Things have changed too fast na? Those were the days when we used to meet every day and now we met after almost 3 years and that too because one of our group members is getting married.

Don’t start this nostalgia bullshit, Kavya replied.

With time, this 3-year gap will only increase, Manish said.

Okay, let’s not spoil my bachelor's party with senti thoughts of falling apart. Cheers! Vikram said raising his glass of whiskey.

Kusha was sitting silently enjoying everything with a teary smile.


Everyone was back in their rooms when Kusha noticed Vikram sitting alone on the balcony.

© 2023 Harsh Kumar Chaudhary


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

52 Views
Added on March 17, 2023
Last Updated on March 17, 2023