END OF A RELATIONSHIP

END OF A RELATIONSHIP

A Story by Harsh Kumar Chaudhary
"

3 of 4 Parts.

"

3


Good Morning Mr. Groom, Manish wished. 

Vikram smiled and wished him back Good Morning.

They booked a small bus to get back to the wedding palace, checked out Airbnb, Vikram sat at the very back seat of bus watching trees running past and Kusha sat just after driver looking at empty road with half joy and half iniquity.

Manish, Kavya and Abhinav were busy discussing about their dresses.

What exactly happened last night? Vikram messaged Kusha.

Kusha glanced at text and turned back to find Vikram already looking at her. She went to him. Kavya joined too. And then Abhinav. Wait for me too, Manish shouted.

Kusha had no answer for Vikram, she felt relieved when others joined them.

 

The journey to Citrus Classic Hotel, Bangalore, was busy for each one of them. Kavya used the journey time to convince Manish and Abhinav to perform dance with her, she asked Kusha too, you know I don’t know how to dance, Kusha replied and she was out of that performance.

Vikram tried hard to remember what exactly happened last night. Whenever he closed his eyes during journey, a feeling of making love flashed in. He was naked when he woke up and before he could ask anyone about last night, he noticed the answer of his question glistering in eyes of Kusha.

 

Welcome to Citrus Classic.

 

All the pre-wedding rituals were performed in a span of two days that didn’t allowed Vikram to think of those questions again, but every time Kusha looked at Vikram, visuals of that night flashed against her like a movie. Kusha was the best actor in the world right now when she kept a mask of normalcy on her face throughout the functions.

 

Wedding Day,

 

Abhinav, Kavya, Manish, Kusha and every other guest was waiting for the lovely couple.

Everyone felt awful to see Vikram and Jiya coming toward stage hand-in-hand. The ceiling of hall turned into a night sky with shining stars, showers of red rose petals and all smiles while the couple were walking toward the stage. A huge round of applause and hoots when Jiya garlanded Vikram. Somewhere between the smooth sound of DJ playing “Din Shagna Da’ a heart broke louder than these applauds and hoots, only Kusha heard her heart fall into pieces. Seconds later, when Vikram garlanded Jiya, Kusha couldn’t control her tears and ran straight to the restroom, she wished no one saw her running away like this. Closing the door after her, she cried like she lost the most precious thing of her life. Between her sobs, she looked at her reflection in mirror and realized she never looked this beautiful before today but was confused too if these tears are making her more beautiful or this lehenga. She remembered her promise that she made to herself that whatever happens she will keep herself normal, splashed her eyes with water, wiped her face, did a little touch-up, took a deep breath and went to the hall like nothing happened.

 

According to the unsaid rule, the one who is not dancing, will have to record the performance from the best angle. Kusha did her job well and recorded the dance of Manish, Kavya and Abhinav. She went to stage for Groom Gang photo and then presented a gift to the couple. A set of watch by TITAN RAGA, limited edition. As if only Kusha knew what that gift meant, Time.

 

When everyone was showering flowers on both of them during the rounds, Kusha was giving them her share of happiness in the form of flowers.  When all the friends were making fun of couple’s vows, Kusha wanted to be Vikram’s partner in those vows. When every elder was giving blessing to them, Kusha wanted to give him her life. When Bride’s maid stole the shoes of Vikram, Kusha wanted to steal all his grief.

 

Kusha chose to skip farewell ceremony as she could no longer see Vikram going away from her. He was not hers, he was never hers, and he will never be hers, with this last thought and a new life, she checked out.


...


7 Months Later

© 2023 Harsh Kumar Chaudhary


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

28 Views
Added on March 18, 2023
Last Updated on March 18, 2023