END OF A RELATIONSHIP

END OF A RELATIONSHIP

A Story by Harsh Kumar Chaudhary
"

4 of 4 Parts.

"

4

 

 

7 Months Later

 

A messaged popped up on the screen while Vikram was driving home.

Meet me in 10 minutes in Piccante, Hyatt Regency, Industrial area 1, Chandigarh,

the message read.

Anonymous number.

Vikram wanted to ignore but his rushing blood sensed an excitement.

He called Jiya and said, Babe, I might get late tonight. A client wants to final the deal now as he has to fly back his home town for some emergency.

Jiya reacted positively, said love you before she hung up.

Vikram went to the address and he didn’t know who he was waiting for.

Sat at a corner table and ordered a scotch. Before he could sip his scotch, he saw Kusha walking toward him. The answer to his question was walking toward him. He was in dilemma that this girl who used to be my best friend has never answered my calls or my texts in this period of time and now she came to meet me. More questions and the only answer, KUSHA.

She sat in front of him, pregnant. Hi.

Vikram noticed her baby bump when she came closer and replied with another set of questions, Hi? Where were you? Why didn’t you answer any of my calls or texts? What happened? You got married, got pregnant and didn’t cared invite any of us. Why? He felt an uneasiness when he blurted out the word pregnant.

 

All these months, Kusha prepared herself to tell everything but now that she is sitting right in front of him, she started to feel weak. Weak as in she was hollow, weak like she lost her existence in that moment, weak like the life in her was soaking all her energy. To feel strong, Kusha ordered a cold coffee.

 

Vikram himself didn’t knew why he was waiting patiently for her to speak.

Kusha finished her coffee and ordered another one, before it arrived she started.

 

Vikram. I love you. I loved you from the starting of college days. When we fell apart after class 12th for few months, it was then, when I realized what you mean to me. What role you play in my life, how important you are to me, you had my part and you complete me. When we started college, I was confident enough that you were only mine. I wanted you to take first step, I used to ask you what should I wear in college and I wore whatever you suggested. These were hints. Days passed and you didn’t acknowledge my most expensive haircut. I was so confident to think that whatever adolescent has done to me will also affect you too, and you’ll come to me, propose me, but my destiny cursed me otherwise. The day came when I finally decided to propose you. Before I could say anything, you saw Jiya, my dreams, my confidence, my fantasies, my predictions, and my luck shattered. It was always Jiya for you. You kept discussing about her only, not only you and your world but I too was revolving around Jiya with you. I was immature to feel jealous of her. Not because she was beautiful or she was senior, but because you liked her. I never questioned myself that what can be the reason of you not liking me? But I always asked myself, why Jiya?

 

Months passed and I realized that I want to see you happy only, even if it asks for my sacrifices.

Every time you saw Jiya, you had a smile on your face and that smile reflected my happiness. I needed time to think about you and me, to think about us, that’s why I kept that letter in Jiya’s bag. Not even in my worst fantasy I would have imagined that this letter will spark a new relationship. I was childish to think that she will bring her friends to threaten you to stay away from her, but my cursed destiny again played otherwise.

 

Kusha had tears in her eyes.

Vikram was in shock.

Her second cold coffee arrived.

Vikram still had his scotch untouched.

She wiped her tears, sipped coffee once and continued.

Just the way you never noticed my different behaviour toward you when I was initially in love with you, exactly the same way you never saw my dull face after you were in relationship. You never ask me. What you cared to ask me was, what should gift Jiya on her birthday, what should I gift Jiya on valentine’s day, 1st anniversary, graduation day and everything but not even a single thing related to me. I was a ghost for you. I decided to keep distance from you and you didn’t notice that too.

 

After college I was moving on from you, it was everything going well and out of nowhere you called me. I wish I wouldn’t have picked it up, my intentions were clear but your name manipulated my mind and the smallest soft corner in me for you, made me pick up the call. Your invitation was like a steel ball, that shattered my years of efforts which almost made me get over you.

 

The smallest soft corner I had for you, took all over me. I had few promises ready for myself when I was packing my bags, I will not hug you, I will behave like your friend and not like your one-sided lover, I will not talk about past with anyone, not with you specially. Did I keep any promise? No, your one look ruined it all. Tears rolled down her cheeks, Kusha took out a tissue and wiped her tears.

 

Vikram was still and did nothing.

 

That night when everyone was drinking and talking nostalgia, I was crying, regretting, cursing myself, and everyone thought I was crying remembering good old days, those days were not good for me.

In the middle of the night when everyone was in their room, you were so drunk that you could not walk to your room by yourself, I took you to your room. I was leaving your room but again that soft corner, that love s**t, the flashback and a realization that I will never be able to see you or feel you this closely. I came, sat beside you, touched you, felt you, and kissed you thinking it will be first and last time feeling you but you reacted to my kiss. I backed off. I knew I cannot do this. I had my mind clear but when love stays in heart, mind stops working. I had my chance to live all my fantasies. When I kissed you again, my heart pounded like it was asking for more. when you were on top going through all over me, I couldn’t stop you. It was not you who penetrated me, it was me who took you in me. My fantasies started coming to life with your thrusts. Suffering that your love gave me were exiting with my moans. I was looking back in past with my eyes rolled up.

A thought struck me and now that I am pregnant, is because of that thought only.

If I could not form a relationship with you, I will form a baby with you.

If I could not nurture our relationship, I will nurture our baby.

If I could not gift myself a happy start, I will gift a happy ending to myself.

If destiny had cursed me to live without you, I will curse destiny back and will live with your baby.

If the first half was meant to live with your memories, I will live the other half with your part.

If I could not have you with me, I will have your baby with me.

Kusha between her sobs, revealed, this is your baby Vikram.

 

Vikram was too shocked to say anything. His expression changed in question again when he wiped out his tear, but now his questions were not for Kusha, it was for himself.

 

Silence took over their table.

Kusha broke the silence and said,

I am not here to ask you for financial help and I am also not going to sue you. I have joined an IT company and I’m shifting next week where the company operates from. I will raise my love for you on my own…

Vikram interrupted her, How? How can anyone love someone this much?

You have your wife to answer this question. Kusha replied.

I am leaving this country forever and I hope this is the last time we are seeing each other. This is the end of a relationship that never existed.

Kusha left Vikram with infinite thoughts and questions.

 

 

A story that started on a table for Vikram, took 6 years and 7 months for Kusha to end it for a new start.

 

 

KUSHA. VIKRAM. JIYA

 

 

© 2023 Harsh Kumar Chaudhary


Author's Note

Harsh Kumar Chaudhary
Here I handover my first longest writing to you. I invite all the writers and reader to shower their opinions. thank you. Will be back soon with a new story.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

34 Views
Added on March 20, 2023
Last Updated on March 20, 2023