Broken Vows (Chapter 1)

Broken Vows (Chapter 1)

A Story by Harsh Kumar Chaudhary
"

What if you always wanted to fall in love but you never found someone and when your love incarnate as human, its not an appropriate time. Would you still love keeping your life at stake? Lets see...

"

1

 

Lakshya Ahuja. Was the name written on the bottom right of the paper where he had to sign, and Vaidehi Jaiswal on the bottom left, where she had already signed. Lakshya, standing on shivering legs, holding pen in hand and tears in her eyes. He placed the nib on paper when a tear fell on her name. He signed with a heavy heart, and another drop fell on his name. His tears made everything a blur: memories of the past, surrounds of the present and vision of the future.

 

Shiv took Lakshya to a nearby restaurant and asked what had happened?

Lakshya gulped down a glass of water and took deep breaths to return to his routine, and then he started.

 

Lakshya and Vaidehi’s six-year-old arranged marriage. He is well settled, owned a 3BHK flat in Versova, CEO of a Digital Marketing agency named 'Jiggle' and had a smooth life without any speed breaker.

Vaidehi, on the other hand, is a successful Interior Designer and used to write poems for her own dairy, and she loved her husband more than he loved her.

 

Lakshya never loved his wife; it is not that he did not take care of his wife. Lakshya never shied away from responsibilities; he did everything for his wife but did not love her. Sometimes one falls in love with an unwanted person, and sometimes one does not love anyone even after wanting it. Something similar happened with Lakshya, after marriage, he tried for a long time but could not develop feelings for Vaidehi. So, he now decided to treat Vaidehi as his wife, not as his love. But Lakshya never told this Vaidehi because he did not want to break an innocent heart who was not at fault. They had a routine of making love once in three months. At least his fitness helped him climax Vaidehi every time, but Lakshya was yet to enjoy passionate sex.

 

Years later, this no-love thing brought boredom in his life; he took support from dating apps and went on many dates but to no avail. He was yet to find his love. He had some lovely ladies in his office who were also interested in him even when they knew he was married; his morals didn't let him give room to anyone from the workplace.

 

On a public holiday, Lakshya, out of habit, went to the office only to realize it was a closed today. He decided to spend time in Sequel Cafe. Ordered a Mocha and was waiting while scrolling Instagram when a beautiful lady came and wished him Good Morning. He raised his head to see the lady and went lost. The lady felt embarrassed, but Lakshya took a few seconds to come back in a moment. When he excused himself and said sorry for his actions. She stopped Lakshya and asked, "but sir,my interview?". Lakshya had an HR team to interview new interns and employees, he never interviewed anyone, but this time was right to do what he had never done before.

 

I am sorry to embarrass you; I was in some other world. Lakshya said when they sat facing each other.

It's okay, sir. She replied.

Shall we start? Lakshya asked followed by a tight-lipped smile.

Yes sir. She replied with confidence in her eyes.

Introduce yourself. Lakshya asked her.

Good Morning, Sir; I'm Richa Ahuja…

"oh … Already Ahuja", Lakshya said in his mind and smiled through his eyes.

…I have done my schooling at UP in Kendriya Vidyalaya. I went to Galgotias University for my Graduation in B.tech, with computer science being my niche, and then I was placed at Samsung as Back end developer for 2 years in Noida. With that job, I managed to complete my MBA in Financial Management. After that, I explored my career in Finance, but I'm yet to land a job.

Lakshya knew she had disguised him with someone else, and this interview was not for his company. Still, he chose to go ahead. "What is your investment philosophy and how do you approach building a financial plan for your clients?". He asked.

Sir, I believe in a personalized approach to investing. I analyze each client's situation to determine an appropriate asset allocation strategy and recommend a mix of passive and active investment products. My goal is to provide transparent communication and keep clients informed about their investments.

Okay…” What is your communication style with clients, and how often do you provide updates on their investments?”

Lakshya asked.

Sir, “As a financial advisor, I believe in maintaining open lines of communication with the individuals and organizations I work with. I provide regular updates on investment performance and progress towards financial goals, and I'm always available to answer any questions or concerns.”

Hmm… tell me something about your strengths and weaknesses. Lakshya asked.

My strengths are doing the assigned task efficiently and effectively, not relying on others' help, and being self-sufficient; my weaknesses are Dark chocolate and homemade food.

Lakshya smirked. What salary expecting?

I think I deserve non-less than 60-70k.

Are you sure? If you were here applying as a Back-end developer, looking at your good experience I would have hired you in the first place. But you are a fresher in finances…7.2lacs per year is a risky investment in a fresher.

Richa answered in silence.

Okay …no problem … its a public holiday, so you can give me your resume, and my team will contact you if needed.

Richa handed over her CV to Lakshya.

Lakshya only needed her number.

© 2023 Harsh Kumar Chaudhary


Author's Note

Harsh Kumar Chaudhary
This story is around 10 Chapters long and I promise to upload a new chapter everyday.
Judge it ruthlessly and enjoy the journey of Lakshya. Happy reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

39 Views
Added on March 27, 2023
Last Updated on April 26, 2023
Tags: Short story, Novella, Love triangle, LAKSHYA, VAIDEHI, RICHA