Jessica's House Is Burning!!!

Jessica's House Is Burning!!!

A Story by Howard Moul
"

A man has a recurring dream of a hideous woman the a charred face. He tells his wife to leave the house with their daughter.

"
"Jessica's house is burning!
Jessica's house is burning!
Jessica's house is burning!”
I awoke to the sound of shrill screams of pain, sorrow, or happiness? I couldn't describe the intent of the screams. I peeked through the slats of the blinds. I saw yellowish-orange flames billowing out from the house�"I looked at the home with great astonishment. That's when I saw the old demonic woman dancing with demonic delight around the billowing flames that consumed the house. The haggard old woman repeated the same phrase without ceasing.
"Jessica's house is burning!"
Ah! The sound, the terrible sound!
"Jessica's house is burning!"
I kept peeking through the slats. The demonic thing felt the weight of my stare. Her awful leathery face drew closer to my window. I could not move. She repeated the phrase in a�"profound inhuman way.
"Jessica's house is burning."
My heart wildly thumped in my chest�" I screamed, allowed my voice to be carried off to heaven finding refuge in God himself. I prayed that He may not forsake me. I felt something grabbing me from inside. Her hideous face pressed up to my window as she screamed.
"Jessica's house is burning."
I felt the pulling or something sucking me from the hideous dream that rotted me to my very core!

I began to see the light of redemption as my eyes focused on the silhouette that stood over me. My eyes focus sharply. I saw the morning light streaming over my wife's face. She stood over me with a face of an angel. She's my redemption, she's my salvation from the thing that haunts my dreams. My heart slowed�"I aroused from sleep�"but still felt something gripping at me. I looked down seeing my wife's hand gripping me tightly as if she's afraid of losing me�"shaking me out of my sleepy trances.
"Hun! Are you okay? Hun, wake up!"
I remembered cleaving unto my wife's arms and springing out of bed. I packed her bags and told her to leave and stay at her parent's place.
"It's her? Isn't it? You're still having that dream."
"Yes! You're in danger. I'll meet you there when this is all over," I said to my wife.
Jessica grabbed our daughter and went to her parents. I stayed to save my family from the thing that keeps haunting my dreams. Yes, That thing must go!
The house grew still and quiet. Every sound got under my skin. I could still hear her voice.
"Jessica's house is burning."
I slowly walked down the stairs. The old leather face woman looked at me like she always had in my dreams. She moved with the speed of thought, instantly we were face to face. I smelled her burnt chard face. She touched me. I found myself transported outside looking at the blazing fire�" like how it did in my dreams. The leathered faced woman pointed to the house. Her gestures confused me of what she wanted me to do.
Then my instincts over rid my mind. I ran through the house knowing what my purpose was at that moment. The unbearable heat burnt my flesh as I darted in and out from every room.
Over the sounds of crackling wood. I heard a child crying. I then followed the weeping child into the living room. I saw the little girl with her arms stretched out, waiting for me to take her out from the hellish heat of the house. I instinctively picked her up and took her to safety. I laid her on the grassy lawn then noticed, that the leather face woman had vanished.
Two weeks later, everything went back to normal. Never had that dream again.
I awoke to feel small hands tapping at me. My daughter's eyes startled me. I laid in bed in total terror. My daughter looked at me with those soulless eyes as black as ink wells.
She uttered those dreadful words.
"Jessica's house is burning!"
It was then, I knew. The little girl I saved was, in fact, the old leathery faced woman!

© 2020 Howard Moul


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

14 Views
Added on April 7, 2020
Last Updated on April 7, 2020
Tags: mysterious bizarre unknown #ghos, #mysterious, bizarre

Author

Howard Moul
Howard Moul

Carlisle, PA



About
I'm 44 years old I have Dyslexia. I love to write stories and I'm learing to improve on my writing. I'm learning to play guitar and violin. I'm a gamer and my football team is the Philadelphia Eagles... more..

Writing