Chapter 6

Chapter 6

A Chapter by Hobbit
"

How long am I supposed to wait?

"

Vallhala was the most amazing place in the whole wide world.

Sven took me through the most massive hall/dining-room/living room/everything room, with all these other rooms connecting off of it. The architecture was incredible. I could not even begin to describe to you how exquisite it was. This haal was filled with Gods and warriors and their familys. You could always tell the difference between a God and a human, because the God would glow and the human would not. Everyone was dressed in the most finest clothes. As soon as I'd entered the room I stopped feeling like a seven-year-old. Which was a big relief. I'd dreamed of this place as a kid, and still could not believe that it was real. All I could do was stare and wonder at my surroundings. Sven was very popular. Everyone shouted a hello at him as we passed. Even the Gods, who would not really pay any attention to humans, hailed him. As we were doing this a question came to me.

'Sven?'

'Yes?'

'Can I ask you something?'

'Yes.'

'How come they choose you to take care of me?'

Sven sighed.

'I knew that question was coming. They chose me because I'm the only warrior that the Gods really trust. I made their Idol and, and so they only found it fitting that I should treat the victim of it. I'm the only one that has made a connetion of the world's of the Gods and the humans. So that's how I got stuck with you.'

'Thanks.' I said.

I really wished that Sven had not told me that. Now I felt a strange kind of hatered. The dark side of my mind kept telling me; 'He's the one who ruined your life. He's the one who made that stupid Idol.' But the good side of my mind was telling me; 'He's not the one who made you go after it and kill yourself. You are being stupid.'

I continued this battle in my mind untill we reached a large wooden door, at which Sven stopped at. The door had encrusted six diamond globes on it, with norwegian writing in iron under the globes.

Sven sighed again and faced me.

'Listen, this is where you must stay intill the three Gods come back with a decision made on what to do with you. You'll find it very nice in there and there will be plenty of people to talk to.'

I couldn't understand. If this place was so good, then why did Sven seem so... Sad about it.

'Sven, why are you so sad about this door, if it's so good inside?'

Sven sighed once again.

'Because once you go through that door you're stuck there intill the Gods come backed and that could be a long time, and I've growen rather attached to you.'

I smiled. Sven was really a big softie on the inside. Now that I thought about it, I was going to miss him too.

'I'm gonna miss you too. But, just how long could I be in there? And will I see this place and you again, when they come back?'

'The longest someone ever waited in there was 20 years, the shortest was 20 hours, the averege is three months. You will find the thing that you want to see the most in there. I've already told you to much. I've got to go now it... It was great seeing you, maybe we will meet again if the Gods allow it. Good-bye George.'

'Good-bye, Sven, I really hope that our paths cross again.'

Sven looked like he wanted to tell me something, but just turned around and slumped off.

I stood by the door and watched untill Sven's massive shadow dissappeared. Then it dawned on me that I had no idea how to get into this room and that there was no one to tell me that I had to go in. I started to walk away from the door. 'Come back, come to me, come back!' A sudden force stopped me in my tracks. I could not leave. What ever just said those words, would not let me get away. Now I really didn't want to go in to that room. 'Hello? Who are you?' I called out, half-hoping that the same creepy voice would answer. There was a long pause. I knew that it wouldn't answer, when it did. 'Greetings George Slobodkin, I am the keeper of this door, please speak  password and enter, or spend all eternity on my door-step.'

Ok, I was weirded out now.

'How do you know my name and I know no password. Can you really keep me on this door-step for eternity?'

Another long pause. 'Yes, I can keep you on this door-step forever, and I know everything, and you do know password, and will you stop asking so many questions and say the password already?!'

I felt dumb now. I had no idea what the password was. I thought of everything which the Gods had said and everything that Sven had said. But nothing that they had said seemed like a password of any sorts. Then I had it.

'Password?' I asked.

The door groaned and swung open. 'I thought that I'd finally found someone to keep on my door-step forever. Oh, well. Maybe next time. Enjoy your stay.'

I walked into the room. I gaped.

It looked like a fancy... Nursing-home. All of the people in the room were old and in wheel-chairs. There were also nurses and one of them came up to me.

'Hello George. Is there anything that I can do for you?'

'Yes... How come you to know my name and how come this place is a modern design, when this place is ancient. Sorry to ask so many questions.'

She smiled a brilliant white grin. 'Sure, it's not too many questions,' she suddenly took my arm and lead me to a wheel-chair and lightly pushed me into it. I tried to get out but the nurse was really strong and pulled me back into it. 'I know your name because the three Gods told us that you'd be arriving soon. And everyone see's this place differently. Any more questions?'

She was now wheeling me down a wide corridor. This nurse was making me very uneasy. This whole room felt like a magical force. I could feel it pulling at me.

'No, thanks.' I still had alot of things to ask, but I didn't trust this nurse.

After a long time came to a plain door.

'This is your door, George.'

'Wait, what do you mean my door?'

But as I was asking the question she was already wheeling me in. It was the most depressing room I've ever been in. Everything was either gloopy musturd or dirty olive. The bear minimum of furniture was here. A bed, a table, a toilet, a shower, a sink and a chair.

'This is where you will be staying untill the Gods tell us to come and get you. You see that flap over there? That's where your food will come through three times a day. Well! I hope that you enjoy your stay George. Good-bye!'

And with that she turned on her high-heel's and left the room, locking the door behind her. I despised that nurse. I despised this whole place. 20 years! That's how long one guy stayed here. And Sven had said that the average time here was three months. How could I survive that long? Also, why had he said that there were lots of people to talk to and it was very comfy? It was the exact other way round.

Then as I got up and stormed out of my wheel-chair, I noticed something on the table.

It was a... Mirrior.

Oh, great. they gave me something to look at my crazy face with I thought. Out of boredem, I picked it up. I looked into it and yelped.

Another face was in the mirrior. It was an old man's face.

'What would you like to see, Slobodkin?' asked the the face in a creaky old voice.

I was starting to get used to being weirded-out. I figured that this mirrior was like that door.

'Jenny Slobodkin, please.'

Then I saw Jenny!



© 2013 Hobbit


Author's Note

Hobbit
Do I use the word 'there', to much?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
Added on October 12, 2013
Last Updated on October 12, 2013


Author

Hobbit
Hobbit

About
Hi Everyone. I am a new writer. I am a Mormon too. To explain myself would be hard as I am the biggest ragbag of a person that I've ever met. Writitng is my way of explaining myself, if I ever ha.. more..

Writing
A Real Dream A Real Dream

A Story by Hobbit


The Buzz The Buzz

A Poem by Hobbit