Skarred Universe

Skarred Universe

A Story by leo
"

a story i have been working on for a year and i am now beginnig to type it.

"

 

Prologue

 

Leo Skardna moved his mecha closer to the scene. The sea gently lapped at the murky sand of the shoreline. Beautiful it would have been had the sea not been coated with a mix of blood and oil, the beach littered with dissembled decay of humans and mechs. Using the zoom function, he scanned the recent destruction for any signs of life.  “Al, do you see anything?” There was a collection of beeps and lights before the A.I. replied,’ I detect no signs of any vital activity,’  Leo sighed and, after exiting the zoom function, leaned back in his seat and closed his eyes. He thought back to a time long ago and all he could see behind his closed eyes was fire, and all he could hear was undying screams. ‘Sir?’ his eyes shot open and he quickly sat up. ‘Headquarters is trying to contact you, do you wish for me to dispatch it through to you?’  “Yes,” He listened to the silent beeps of the control screen as Alina’s face appeared on screen. “Sergeant Leo, how is the mission proceeding?” “Al and I have found no signs of vital activity in my sector,”  “have you run into any trouble?” “No, captain” “that’s good”; Alina moved a lock of her short blond hair from her emerald eyes. Those same eyes looked at Leo with worry and he sighed at her attempt to say something to him. “Captain, you of all people should have known that my coming here has nothing to do with this mission, and if you were worried about something happening then you should not have sent me here,” “I know that and so does the council, but you are the only one on the Raptor squadron, other then Raptor two, who knew exactly where the enemy would have hidden and ambushed us and-,” Alina was cut off by the giant warning signal and flashing red light that filled his cockpit. ‘Seven enemy units are six knots and closing in,’ Al said, ‘now awaiting orders, ‘   “Defensive action, battle position, and set all outputs to max,” Leo commanded. “Abandon that order Al, Sergeant Leo I order you to flee and regroup with the rest of Raptor team,” Alina stared at me coldly, “that’s an order-“,“that I have to disobey captain!, ”  He told her as he steered his A.I. to face the enemy. ‘ three knots and closing sir, ‘ Al said. ‘Sergeant Leo I am-,” “sorry captain,” He cut off communication and quickly identified the unmanned fighter units that had now surrounded Al. ‘Battle position taken, weapons and thrusters at max sir,” Leo felt fire burning in his eyes and his grasp tightened on the controls. “Show me what you got,” The mummy heads began to fire their halbeads, and the Cyclops brought down their blades. Leo grinned and began to fight.    

 

 

 

Chapter 1

 

           “Leo! Leo! I order you to!-DAMN!” Alina slammed her gloved fists onto the monitor. Alina slammed her gloved hands onto the monitor. “Jorgan!...Jorgan! Ugh where the hell is....JORGAN!!” A man that looked about forty stumbled into the room. “Ugh y-yes ma’am,” In his right gloved hand, he held a clipboard; with his left he readjusted his askewed glasses. His common blue uniformed cloak fluttered about his feet as he moved closer to Alina. “You called, captain?” Alina shot her now icy red eyes at Jorgan; who calmly stood there staring the seventeen year old captain down with his own glassy green eyes. “Patch me through to Celvice, ASAP, contact the rest of raptor team and tell them to retreat to home base; to come home.” Alina turned back towards the monitor and leaned upon the controls. A look of knowing passed over jorgans face. He placed a hand on alinas head and leaned closer to her. “Do not worry yourself so much, he is a strong boy, even if revenge is his only reason to live, I know to strong willed girls who can teach him otherwise.” Jorgan smiled when he saw that alinas face was beginning to turn a fiery red. He straightened and turned to leave. He stopped near alinas desk and picked up a worn looking picture frame. Behind the glass, there were two girls; about ten or eleven, leaning on the head of a young boy. Jorgans face hardened and his smile melted into a frown. ‘He has a troubled past. If they turn him to the light, his true powers may be unleashed for our greater good. If not---‘, Jorgan placed the photo back down, walked out of the room and strode down the hall. ‘—the last of the human race may cease to exist.’ Jorgan stopped and looked out the window in the main frame room at earth, once blue and colorful, now black and grey from years of death and destruction. “Marge?” ‘Yes lieutenant?’ “Patch the Capitan to sector team Raptor and team member SCH-0679, sergeant Celvice.”  ‘Right away sir,’ A gentle, but deep humming sound came from the giant computer. But Jorgan had already left to his office quarters. He saluted to Starwolfs plaa’toon leader, Mike G. Wolfhead, founder of Team Starwolf. Jorgan entered his room and the lights automatically dimmed on as he removed his outer cloak. After removing his navy blue shirt and black leather pants and undergarments, he stepped into the shower. “medium-warm,” Jorgan commanded. Instantly a rush of water flowed onto his muscular bare skin. After a few minutes of washing himself, he stood under the lukewarm water and thought back to a time long ago…..

 

© 2009 leo


Author's Note

leo
tell me what you think. honest opinions only.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

honestly i have a problem with capitilization and i am currently worling on that but other wise......i cant rate my own book cause....well its mine so of course id give it a top score ^-^

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
1 Review
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 22, 2009

Author

leo
leo

penhook, VA



About
i am a junior who loves to write and cook. i love animals about as much as writing and that is a lot! i enjoy watching anime and reading manga on the side more..

Writing