The Puddle

The Puddle

A Story by H.D.Cline
"

Getting through the bitterness of ended relationships (at least in my own perspective)

"
Thought of the day:

If there's one thing I hate to do, it's stirring up mud. It's clear until you dig at it to see what may have been buried underneath, and when it settles to where you can see why it was so clear. But that takes twice as long.

Same can be said for past relationships that didn't work out. It takes longer and longer to heal from the mud that gets caked on from the negativity, and you felt like you lost a piece of yourself. Maybe that piece was meant to be buried, and that person showed you why. But constantly going back and stirring up that mud (aka causing unnecessary drama) does not make your mind any clearer; it blinds it.

 It's wiser to avoid the drama and move on, to where the puddle is settled and it's easier to see. And what exactly do I see?

I see the real me. In the reflection of that puddle, holding the stick (the curiosity, the pain) in my hand, raised to where I am itching to stir up this mud. But instead I break the stick into several pieces, and finagle them together into a raft. I place the raft on the puddle gently, and it floats. 

Sometimes that pain can turn into something that can help you get through it, or float until you're safe. Something I struggled with was anger and constant frustration, along with being able to trust. Nothing was the way I wanted. I felt unwanted and neglected, even if I really wasn't.

I'm not saying I don't still struggle; my "mud" may be caked on pretty heavy to where I need a putty knife to get it off. But with every person I trust or every time I feel good about myself, chunks large or small crumble away.

We all have mud. Some of it slides right off like sediment, others caked heavy like clay. But it eventually crumbles off, revealing the person you've been searching for...yourself.

© 2016 H.D.Cline


Author's Note

H.D.Cline
I'm always open to thoughts, opinions, suggestions, etc. I welcome them wholeheartedly

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

That's a wonderful example and it may help a few people who are disappointed with themselves or others to see what they are worth in real life. Nice!! Good job!!!

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 26, 2016
Last Updated on November 26, 2016
Tags: bitterness, mud, puddle, stick, stir, causing drama, moving on, finding the better in life, ways to move on, be a raft, raft, boyfriend, girlfriend, how to move on, moving on from a bad relationshi

Author

H.D.Cline
H.D.Cline

SD



About
I write to try to express my thoughts, whether it be on emotions that I cannot express verbally or ideas that spring up on occasion. I am a mystery lover and an artist. more..