Herschel's Log - Entry Three

Herschel's Log - Entry Three

A Chapter by emily

Herschel’s Log

Later

Well I’ll be goddamned. I should have known this would happen. Today, I was coming out of the showers (thank God we figured that out, by the way. The room was starting to smell worse than the ghetto), and those a******s from the West Block had Jim cornered. And, yeah, they were after me, too, but the thing is that it wasn’t only me this time.

We’re the targets. It’s not just me. I feel so stupid! This whole week I’ve been under the impression that I’m still the one being persecuted here. But I’m not, or at least I’m not the only one. They’re after Jim and Erich and Gabe as much as they are after me. If it’s not simply because we’re the new guys it’s because we’re different, and apparently even here it’s the different people who get the short end of the stick. Well I saw enough of that happening back in Poland and I’m not going to just stand there and take it. If those dupki knew what I was capable of, who I was back home, what I did to get here, they would have thought twice before starting anything. Believe me, they will regret this.

Gabe didn’t want us to listen to them. But he wasn’t there. He didn’t see the way they looked at us or hear what they called me. Plus Erich’s on our side, if for no reason but his damaged pride, and he’s the one who might actually be the able to intimidate those wankers if the opportunity arises. And by “intimidate” I mean “beat the s**t out of.” The guy still scares me, but as it turns out he’s a great asset to have on your side. Gabe got on board after some persuasion, so we’re all set.

It’s time for dinner. We’re all walking out together for the first time, and I assume we’ll probably eat together if we’re going to work out a plan. Maybe this means the four of us are headed down a better road, but all I can say right now is that tonight is definitely going to change things.



© 2011 emily


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Empty boastful words or is Hersch really a badass in disguise? The way he's scared of Erich makes me think it's the first option. I believe he's right though, this is going to change a lot. For better or worse we'll just have to see :o)

.novelists.elite.info.
.display. .dakota.003.
.memberID. 003
.name. Dakota
.username. DakotaTrent
.novels. Saepe Expertus, Fratres Aeterni, Terminal Leave, Blood Stripes, Tag Chaser
.status. Admin, Novelist, noelwrimo Contestant
.noelwrimo. 11,261
.join date. 03-22-2011



Posted 12 Years Ago


A very good chapter. I like Herschel's thoughts about the situation. Good to have someone large and mean looking on your side when numbers are against you. Thank you for a outstanding chapter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

515 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 8, 2011
Last Updated on August 8, 2011

Sons of Thunder: Part One


Author

emily
emily

MN



About
Hello all! My name is Emily, I'm 20, I am definitely not at home in this tiny MN town, and soon I will be the most famous author my generation. I go to Barnes and Noble to see where my book will sit .. more..

Writing
Jim - One (Opener) Jim - One (Opener)

A Chapter by emily