Herschel's Log - Entry Seven

Herschel's Log - Entry Seven

A Chapter by emily

Herschel’s Log

Friday, March 28, 1941

            It’s been a long, boring week. I haven’t had a minute to write anything since last Wednesday, not that there’s been much to report. The professors are keeping us loaded down with schoolwork, since graduation is apparently only three months away. Not that any of us actually care about graduating, but our Biology professor threatened to have us expelled if we botched one more lab. So we’ve all been working our asses off, since clearly I’m not the only one who isn’t dying to be sent home.

            Today, though, we finally got some good news. None of us were thrilled at the idea of enduring another “family visitation day,” which, as it turns out, takes place every other Sunday. Lucky for us, Jim, who I’m starting to think might actually be a genius, found a way to get us out of it. Apparently, those are the only days anyone is allowed off campus, I guess under the assumption that they would go visit their families. Anyway, as long as we’re back for Monday morning classes we can take the bus into London on Sunday!

The guys are excited. We’re all pretty damn sick of looking at the same four walls every day. I think they’re planning another round of girl hunting, though I doubt it will go any better than the last time.

We all got mail today, except Gabe, who seems to have less family than any of us. Jim got some fruity note from his parents all the way from the States. Erich got a letter from his brother which has had him worked up all weekend. Rebecca wrote. Said she got a job and a place to live, though she didn’t say where or what the job was. It occurred to me that I might be able to visit her if she was still living in London. I would really like to see her, but I also have no idea where she’s living. Plus I’d have to take the guys, and based on what I’ve seen, I don’t want Erich or Jim (Gabe probably wouldn’t be a problem) with a hundred miles of my sister.

Anyway, I’ve got to work on the travel plans. I’ll take the journal with me, in case we end up staying the night in the city and I’m stupid enough to risk the guys finding it.



© 2011 emily


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A free weekend. I like the planning and concern for the sister. I don't blame him. Young men desire three things only. Cigarettes, booze and woman. Thank you for the excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

329 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 8, 2011
Last Updated on August 8, 2011

Sons of Thunder: Part One


Author

emily
emily

MN



About
Hello all! My name is Emily, I'm 20, I am definitely not at home in this tiny MN town, and soon I will be the most famous author my generation. I go to Barnes and Noble to see where my book will sit .. more..

Writing
Jim - One (Opener) Jim - One (Opener)

A Chapter by emily