Herschel's Log - Entry Eight

Herschel's Log - Entry Eight

A Chapter by emily

Herschel’s Log

Monday, March 31, 1941

            I’m in the library with the guys and no one is talking. As it turned out, the bombs were falling on the far opposite end of the city. It sure as hell didn’t seem like that, but that’s what the papers were saying. I don’t think any of us handled it like I expected. And I really doubt we’ll be back in London any time soon.

            I was just headed back to the table when the sirens went off. I tried to get to the other guys, but something happened to Erich. I didn’t see the whole thing, but I knew he was running like I had never seen anyone run before. And the only thing that was stranger than that was the way Gabe followed him. No lie, he followed a tanked up German into the streets during an air raid. And he never looked back.

Fittingly, I ended up in a ditch. I tried to follow Gabe and Erich but got shoved into a gully with a hundred other terrified people. If any of the guys asked (and I know they won’t, since I don’t think any of them want people prying into what they did during the raid) I would have to come up with something better than the truth: that I huddled next to the drain pipe and muttered every prayer I had ever learned in Hebrew.

Something happened to Jim, only he hasn’t been coherent enough yet for us to figure out what it was. Erich and Gabe found me back at the bar an hour after everything calmed down, but we searched for Jim for ages. We finally found him in a closet in the basement, buttoning his pants and rambling. No one had the strength to answer questions then, and after that we all fell asleep at the bus stop. But I get the feeling he didn’t spend the night alone

S**t, Knight’s headed right for us. God, he looks pissed. Got to go.



© 2011 emily


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A short and to the point chapter. I like his questions and description of where he ended up. A very good chapter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

324 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 8, 2011
Last Updated on August 8, 2011

Sons of Thunder: Part One


Author

emily
emily

MN



About
Hello all! My name is Emily, I'm 20, I am definitely not at home in this tiny MN town, and soon I will be the most famous author my generation. I go to Barnes and Noble to see where my book will sit .. more..

Writing
Jim - One (Opener) Jim - One (Opener)

A Chapter by emily