New Beginnings

New Beginnings

A Chapter by bella
"

by morgan and bella. c:

"
  My throat burned intensely. I could not bring myself to open my eyes but I made the mistake of slightly moving. 
  "Olive?" I moved my eyes in my sockets and refused to open them.Who was Olive? Something freezing gripped my arm. I inhaled a sharp breath and opened my eyes. 
  The walls were a forest green and the room was dimly lit. A woman stood before me. She was tall and lean with burgundy waves of hair and eyes as black as night.
  "Olive?" she repeated. 
  "I'm not Olive," I stuttered. "I'm Emma." The woman rolled her eyes back and laughed. What was funny? And other than that, where was I? I sat up slowly, only to be laid back down by the woman. She stuck a needle in my arm. Pangs of pain ran through my forearm. My vision was blurred, rivers of swirling emerald waters flowed into what I had for vision.
  Once the pain calmed down, my vision slowly came back and when I looked down, I was in a hospital bed. I looked around once more, then tried to get up. No success. My heart monitor began to beep. 
  "She's responding to the blood," the woman smiled. "She'll be alright." She turned her back to me to face a shadowed figure leaning in the corner. I hadn't noticed him before. He stepped forward and pulled his hood down. Shaggy, blonde hair showed little of his pale, yellow eyes, which pierced into mine like arrows. The woman turned back to me. 
  "Olive, this is Castiel," she introduced the boy. He gave a slight smile. "He saved your life." 
  All of the sudden, I was taken back to the sopping wet alleyway where I was stopped by a man. He told me not to scream but I did and next thing I know, I'm on the stone cold ground with a knife in my side. Then, a shady character came to me.
"You'll be safe with me," he whispered. Something pierced my neck, sending a burning sensation into my veins and numbing my whole body. 
  "Welcome to the family."

  I glared at the boy. He had done this to me. 
"And who are you?" I shot at the woman. I was taken aback at the hoarseness of my voice. 
"Annalice," she grinned. 
"Why am I here?" 
Annalice paused before replying, "You were dying. Castiel, here, saved your life." That's all she could tell me? 
"You're here to be sheltered from the humans. If they knew about you-" she stopped, then continued, "About us-" I stopped her with a raise of my hand. 
"Where am I?" I asked once again. I could feel my face turning red. Castiel and Annalice looked at each other. 
"Maison Giavani," Annalice replied. I paused.
"What?"
"House of Giavani." I looked around again. 
"Now, sleep, youll need it," Annalice said. Another needle was pierced into my arm, then everything went black.

I woke up to new surroundings. Once again. I woke to the murmur of the television. 
"Sorry!"
I jumped and looked to my right. A tall, pale girl stood next to me. 
"Did I wake you?" she squeaked. I squeezed my eyes shut and opened them again. 
"No," I lied. She turned the volume up a bit. 
"I'm looking for your report," she said. She turned on the lights and giggled.
"What report?" I asked. She bit her lip.
"Your 'missing person' report." My body froze. The girl scanned the television.  "Wherever you came from, you're declared missing now." The knot in the pit of my stomach tightened. I swallowed hard and felt my jean pocket.
"My cell phone," I gasped. "Where is it?" She sighed. 
"They strip it from you when you get here." 
"What the hell?" 
"Yeah," she whispered. "They don't want you communicating with the outside world. You know, giving away our location."
"I can't talk to my own mom?" I asked. I felt my eyes begin to burn, I tried to fight the urge to cry.
"I got here three years ago when I was thirteen," she started. "And I haven't talked to my parents since."
Here. She kept saying this word as if it meant something.
"Where is here?" I blurted. 
"Maison Giavani," she exclaimed. "We're in abandoned Alcatraz. We took it over when tourists eventually stopped coming." I was at a loss for words. 
"But they never actually stop coming," she grinned a devilish grin. I made a disgusted noise in the back of my throat.
"That's horrible!"
"It's an idea you'll have to get used to," she sighed once again. "Besides, it's not cannibalism. You aren't human anymore." She smiled again. 
"Wait, wait!" she cried. "Here it is!" 
"Emma White has been missing for over forty-eight hours," the buff, tan news anchor said. A phone number appeared at the bottom of the television screen. "If you know the whereabouts of this young girl, please call this number." She shut the television off. I was angry. Here, everyone thought I was missing or dead and I'm perfectly fine!
"Who are you, anyway?" I asked through clenched teeth. She looked astonished at the harshness of my voice. 
  "Lillee," she smiled. "Well, I was Taylor before I was Lillee. Lillee was the name Annalice gave me."
"Annalice was the one who named me Olive?" I asked.
"She names all the Newborns that come here. She calls them our 'spiritual names' or what ever. She's really taken a liking to you. She wouldn't leave your side for four hours while you slept," Lillee smiled. "I can see why, though, you're different
"Different?" I asked. "How?"
"You should see yourself!" she exclaimed. I began to say something but she interrupted me. "Bathroom's over there." She jutted her chin towards the heavy, wooden door in the corner. I stood up, my body ached. I limped to the bathroom.
I hesitated before looking up. With a swift movement, I saw the new me. 
My dirty blonde, straight hair had gone stark blonde and wavy and long. My skin was blemish-free and a coffee color. My eyes; a golden green. I shivered. Who was this? Surely, not me. 
"Who the hell am I?" I whispered to the reflection. I touched my complexion. Is this real? I paused. Of course it was. There was a faint knock at the door. 
"Are you okay?" came Lillee's voice. I opened the door.
"I don't understand," I sobbed. "How could this happen to me? Why couldn't Castiel leave me to die? Now my family that needs me thinks I'm dead! I'm this freak of nature!" I could tell Lillee felt sorrow for me. 
"It gets better after awhile," Lillee replied. She forced a weak smile. I said nothing as I walked back into the living area of this room I had awakened in. 
"So," I dismissed the awkward feeling. "Tell me more about this place." Lillee's eyes lit up as she smiled.
"Think of this as a school," Lillee began. "You attend classes to learn academics qand all about being a vampire. There's a cafeteria too." I paused, not knowing what else to say and trying to process this. 
"Well, now what?" I asked slowly.
"Now that you're awake, you should probably shower and get changed. Tomorrow, you'll start classes. I'll go to Annalice and get your schedule to leave you to yourself for awhile."
"Thanks," I murmured. I flinched as the echo of the closing door caused an ache in my hollow heart. My body felt weak, I didn't want to be here. It's not where I belonged. There was only one thing to do, wait it out until I figure out how to get the hell out of this place.
  


© 2012 bella


Author's Note

bella
first chapter, comment and give feedback.
thanks.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

*chapter

Posted 12 Years Ago


Tis is really good I cannot wait for the next chaspter

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

245 Views
2 Reviews
Added on April 20, 2012
Last Updated on April 20, 2012
Tags: teen, fiction, vampire, fantasy, realistic


Author

bella
bella

Your Mom, CA



About
i'm lame. i like christofer drew and ramen. and that's it. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by bella


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by bella


Back Again Back Again

A Book by bella