Black blood

Black blood

A Poem by The mind of Slowburn

Black blood

Frozen. Solid. Skyscrapers built on the bodies of black bodies who's blood runs through all of us they stand on us. I can hear the sound of that whip....that brings back memories of untold stories of those who came before me died shortly after refusing to let massa take her away from me.....I mean him....same thing right? 

Generations tainted with the blood that flows through the bodies of black bodies. A generations blood line tainted and denied because half of the line hand no melanin. That same line that was mixed and contorted with Caucasian blood those very veins strung up the noose that hung up the lives of the black bodies whose blood runs through the bodies in which I'm speaking. Watching the wood that my savior gave his life for go out like lights in a puff of smoke up it goes like our ancestor ascending to heaven I see that amber and gold flame dance like ballerina with double-edged point shoes on dancing on my heart it goes up in flames so blatant in our face they took our race on a race that will hopefully elevate our way of thinking but like that flame because we sag our pants it goes up in smoke in our own front lawn. Generations tainted...

Back in the day they had to pry our families away from us, they had to force our black queens away from us, they stand on us now we leave on our own our we break our own homes because the broken minds caused from the hands of time tainted by the very veins that turned those hands of time are the same hands that twisted and contorted our minds that strung up the bodies whose blood runs through the lines that manipulated the time we were in cause we couldn't express to the line that strung up our ancestors bodies to get the f**k away from my family because of fear of getting killed......so we strung up the minds of our own generation and hung it from the same tree our savior was crucified on......generations tainted......

Generations tainted with the blood that flows through the bodies of black bodies. The blood and sweat the runs off the back like the whip that cracks on our back for running away like the blood and sweat on our backs,  our ancestors literally gave their backs so we could have ours we stand their shoulders and kneel for the future so he kneels before her so our future can stand strong like the pyramids of ancient Kemet but we stand by as we watch our kingdoms be taken from us the enemy had a roman mind because he left our people's minds roaming, baffled that they got in we look for someone to blame and for thousands of years this blame game has stayed the same because we stay in the same state without realizing that there is more to the world than just the other side of 8mile/metro train lines..... Generations tainted......

Generation s tainted with the blood that flows down the back of their backs so that our backs could be strong intended so we could never turn our backs to the backs that have the same blood running through our backs and the colors of that blood is red white and blue. Red for the blood that was sacrificed for the please of pure entertainment. White for the people that exploited and enjoyed this, and blue for the color of the eyes that sparked the red flame of hatred in their eyes that triggered the black blood that ran down the white hands of distraction toveer our attention away from the greatness that our ancestors gave their blackblood for us....generations tainted.....

© 2012 The mind of Slowburn


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
Added on April 19, 2012
Last Updated on October 8, 2012

Author

The mind of Slowburn
The mind of Slowburn

Detroit, MI



About
well im an artist I draw (mostly pencil/black and white charcoal stuff) I love poetry I love lighting Design I am a theatre technician I love a good play (hence the word good) anything artisti.. more..

Writing