Fragile

Fragile

A Poem by Lexi Nicole
"

The truth is, we're all a little fragile.

"

You sewed up all the wounds yourself, oh so carefully, making sure they were closed tight so that nothing could leak out of them. You made sure that not just the blood would be kept inside, but the sadness and the anger and the those little feelings that fell off of hurtful words.

               

You only cry when the sky does so that raindrops can mask your tears. You put your shoulders down and you keep your head up and you walk tall and proud so that you can fool everyone and make them think there’s nothing wrong.

              

You stand your ground when they throw arrows at you. You don’t say anything about it because you don’t want to whine, and you don’t back down because you don’t want to be seen as weak. So you just stand there and take it and when they think back to what happened you hope that they’ll say how brave you were.

              

You’re strong and you know it, and you think you have to be that way all the time. You won’t show any sign of weakness, because that might make them think less of you. So you go on stitching your own wounds and crying with the rain and weaving a web of security around yourself so that they look at you and say how wonderful you are, how confident, how strong.

               

You don’t have to be all those things, though.

               

You don’t have to wear a mask.

               

When you fix your own wounds, scars line up all over your body. When you cry in the rain you are drenched in sadness. But if you took down your mask and cried in the presence of a friend, if you handed over the needle and let someone else patch up the wounds, the clouds might start to drift away and you might be able to see the sun smile down at you every now and again.

               

It’s ok to accept that you’re fragile. The truth is, we all are. And no one will look at you any differently if you let it show.

© 2010 Lexi Nicole


Author's Note

Lexi Nicole
Just some thoughts, half to myself half to the rest of the world, really. Let me know what you think :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

"You only cry when the sky does so that raindrops can mask your tears"
That was a sorrowful, yet beautiful line.

"It’s ok to accept that you’re fragile. The truth is, we all are. And no one will look at you any differently if you let it show."
This is so true. This write is something I think everyone should read.
Amazing work!

-Elissa :D

Posted 14 Years Ago


I do believe this is all very true.

-Adora

Posted 14 Years Ago


Whoa. Great! I liked it a ton! Very poignant. Great job. I'd rate it 1000 out of 100 but it won't let me >:(

Posted 14 Years Ago


I think you're right.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

377 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 26, 2010
Last Updated on February 26, 2010

Author

Lexi Nicole
Lexi Nicole

NY



About
Live. Love. Write. I'm 20 years old. I've been writing since I was 4. Writing is more than just a hobby. It's my passion, my drug, my therapy and my life. twitter.com/snarkvenger iaintbegginw.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Bloody Knees Bloody Knees

A Story by Martina


Falling Falling

A Poem by Lexi Nicole