SWF

SWF

A Story by hulsehodges
"

a funny look at online dating

"

Ok. Ok.  I admit it.  I have tried online dating.  And please, do not start spouting all of the dangers of internet dating�"I watch 48 Hours on the ID channel almost every day�"so I KNOW!  I was weak, forgive me.  Here’s the thing though.  Are some of these people truly serious about finding a date???  Because if they are, maybe they wouldn’t mind a little advice from an experienced online dater…

1.        Screen names.  Seriously?  Do you seriously believe you are going to find a great relationship with screen names like “2atatime”, “King Trojan”, and “Ladiesi8?”  Because I’m here to tell you these are NOT going to bag you anything classy.  Then again, maybe you aren’t looking for something classy.  Just so you are aware, we are not attracted to men who list their screen name as anything that begins with “dirty” (as in werm, dog, Jimmy, etc.), or ends in “licious” (as in Ralph-a, Bob-a, or Doug-a).  Any name with the number 69 is out.  Any name with

2.       Photos.  We know you are proud of your martial arts paraphernalia, your Dungeons and Dragons role-playing skills, and your a*s tattoo that has an “M” on one cheek and an “M” on the other (yes, for” MOM”�"or, if he’s standing on his head “Wow”).  I once clicked on a potential date and saw a guy sitting on his couch, with one of those plastic blue totes for a coffee table and a game paddle sitting atop it.  Needless to say, I clicked out immediately.  Having said this, gentlemen, please trust me when I say we ARE NOT READY for these details of your life.  Show us photos of you and your dog, you and your Mom, or you in a suit.  Save the jpg files of you in High School Rifle Club for a later date�"preferably much later.  The worst of the worst?  No picture at all.  You may as well post a skull and cross bones image for your profile pic.

3.       Reading between the lines.  We are not stupid.  We realize that “likes to cuddle” translates into “I’m too lazy to get off the couch.”  We are experienced enough to know that when you answer “I’ll tell you later” when answering the “Marital Status” question, then most likely you are not yet divorced, playing head games with your soon-to-be ex-wife, and on the verge of realizing that your stalking techniques are not as good as you thought they were.  “Some college” means you lack the ability to finish projects, “Self-employed” means unemployed, and “Heavyset” means you’ll be buried in a piano case.  And, gentlemen?  Asking us to pull your finger does not constitute a “good sense of humor.”  P.S.  Any profile that states, “I’d like a woman who understands that my salvage business comes first” is a definite “NO!”  As a rule, always remember, “loves the outdoors” could also mean “homeless, and living under a bridge.”

OK, so these are a few of my suggestions.  To be fair, here is my picture and profile…

Screen Name:  Effoff

I am looking for a single, non-gay, better than average looking democrat who still contends Hillary Clinton should have been President and Elvis is still alive.  Must love potato chips, be completely “p***y-whipped” and love TLC’s “Toddler’s and Tiara’s.”  I am hoping to find an honest man close to my age (but looks more like 30) who doesn’t mind dating a graying, curvy alcoholic.  I am not interested in sex, cats, or the unemployed�"although I am unemployed myself.  My perfect date would be to lie on the couch while you make supper, clean up after supper, and follow-up by saying “You are absolutely right” to everything I say.  Serious inquiries only.

© 2011 hulsehodges


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

hahaahahahaahhaahahaahahahahhahahaahahahahahahhaahahahah

WAY too funny....... unfortunatley WAY to TRUE..... FANTASTIC write H.H.

so I shouldn't go with roarke-a-licious then huh? .... dang.

Scary to say, you've probably only illustrated (superbly I might add) the G-rated examples...seriously....

Hazmat suits mandatory.... hahahahahaha Marvelous as always.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

LOL!! Awesome- and scary!! LOL!! I, too, have made some attempts at online dating- and will attest to the sad truth of your write! Great!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Gosh, I don't think I can resist. Can I get a waiver on that age thing?
This is hilarious. Guys really are that messed up, huh?

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

hahaahahahaahhaahahaahahahahhahahaahahahahahahhaahahahah

WAY too funny....... unfortunatley WAY to TRUE..... FANTASTIC write H.H.

so I shouldn't go with roarke-a-licious then huh? .... dang.

Scary to say, you've probably only illustrated (superbly I might add) the G-rated examples...seriously....

Hazmat suits mandatory.... hahahahahaha Marvelous as always.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

276 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 9, 2011
Last Updated on March 9, 2011

Author

hulsehodges
hulsehodges

Walton, NY



About
Writing helps me to breathe. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..