The Swimming Pool

The Swimming Pool

A Story by BlueShadow

Jason Ardmore owned a four-story house in the middle of Shannonville, in a suburb that was located fairly close to the center of the city. The suburb he lived in had many oak trees, parks, and a library. It was certainly a nice place to live if you had the money. The homes there were nice and the people who lived there were cheerful. His suburb was quaint, cozy, and beautiful. 

Jason Ardmore always dreamed about having a swimming pool in his house because not only did it make him look richer, but it would be nice to be able to swim in his own backyard, without having to go very far to have fun. To be able to swim happily in his own home was always something Jason wanted to do. His home was brown-colored and looked very good with the other homes in his neighborhood. He loved living in his home and liked to brag to his friends that he lived such a rich lifestyle. His friends were jealous of how lucky Jason was in living in such an excessive home. 

One day, as Jason picked up the newspaper haphazardly thrown at his front door, he looked inside of it and read some of the advertisements. When he read the advertisements, one of them said, “Swimming pool on sale for three-thousand dollars!” He nearly leapt from the sofa from excitement and called the number displayed on the ad with glee. When he called them, they replied, “Our builders can only make one more left. It will set you back about three-thousand dollars.” Jason replied that he would pay the money to have the swimming pool built in his backyard. He was elated.

Once the builders came and built the swimming pool, Jason was so happy and proud of himself that he was able to make such a wise financial decision. Jason was impressed with what he did. Jason looked at the pool and beamed with pride. The pool had crystal-clear water, sky blue and sparkling in the sunlight. Jason was so excited to be able to swim in such a perfectly made, clean, and relaxing place. It was like his dream came true. 

Jason swam in the pool and was so happy that he was able to swim so peacefully without others irritating him and also others bothering him. When Jason swam, he felt delightful. He was impressed with himself for making such a wise financial decision and also was optimistic about the future. He was very, very happy. The swimming pool was his for a very, very, long time. 

© 2021 BlueShadow


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

218 Views
Added on April 13, 2021
Last Updated on May 14, 2021

Author

BlueShadow
BlueShadow

Gainesville, FL



About
This account on this website is entirely dedicated to "BlueShadow", a free and online book that is hundreds of pages long and was a joy and wonder to write. I loved writing this book because.. more..

Writing
Gabe Parker Gabe Parker

A Story by BlueShadow