Kristi Bells's Spelling Test

Kristi Bells's Spelling Test

A Story by BlueShadow

Looking out the window, Kristi Bells sighed. It was only a matter of days before she would have to complete her spelling test. She went back to the open book on her desk and started spelling words again. Recuperate. Dilemma. Ontological. Syringe. The list was two hundred words long, and Mr. Binsley, her English teacher, could quiz her on any of those words. Kristi Bells knew that the spelling test on Wednesday was going to be long and difficult, and that it would only be a matter of time before she would have to spell some of the words. Mr. Binsley was a very hard teacher and made his students memorize the spellings of many obscure and unknown words, making English class quite a pain. Mr. Binsley was a really hard grader and would count off for any spelling mistakes for any word, including doubled consonants. Mr. Binsley was a really difficult grader, and made sure that everyone ace his tests otherwise they would have to come back during academic period to redo them. Mr. Binsley was a smart, wise, and well-studied man, but sometimes he could be really hard on the students he taught. 

Kristi was studying the spelling words she had for a few more hours, and successfully memorized many more words she thought she couldn’t spell before, and ended up memorizing the list confidently and quickly. It would be a wonder how she’d do on her spelling test this coming Wednesday and how she’d fare if she didn’t get them all right. She hoped that the spelling test wouldn’t be too challenging, but based on Mr. Binsley’s history, the test was probably going to be really, really hard. The test was in three days, and Kristi felt really nervous. Would she get at least a B? Would the test have words that she forgot? The questions that ran on in her head were endless, and Mr. Binsley was extremely harsh when it came to grading. When Wednesday came, she would find out how well her studying had paid off. It was going to be a long and difficult day, and hopefully she would be able to get good marks on her spelling test and make it through this week without problems.

Kristi went to school and got off the bus with a dreary look. Today was the day that she would have to complete the spelling test and it was going to be a painful and mentally exhausting task to do. Kristi knew that her life was challenging at home because of her father who had lung cancer and her mom who was too self-conscious but she thought that if she could get good grades in English class she would be able to have a decent job in the future as an English teacher teaching kids about how to read and write in the English language. Kristi went to English class, entered the room, and sat down in her seat by one of the windows. It was going to be a difficult test but she knew that she was able to spell words correctly provided she was careful, understanding, and patient when it came to the words. The test would be given out in fifteen minutes and Kristi thought that she was well-prepared. The words she had studied tonight were on the test and she had carefully and methodically noted the spelling of each one. Mr. Binsley gave her the test.

Kristi started the test and stared down the thirty word list of spelling words that she would have to correctly spell. Kristi thought that the test was exceptionally fair, easy, and useful, and was pleased to know that all the studying and note-taking she had done in the days before paid off. She spelled the words one by one and felt so good about being able to spell words she never thought she could spell before. Kristi was an extremely patient, studious, and loving person, and was so happy that the test in front of her was extremely fair in terms of difficulty as well. Kristi finished the test with half an hour to spell and had a smile on her face. She thought she got at least an 85 on the test and hopefully an A and was excited to tell her parents the good news. She got on the school bus back home and told her parents how the test was very good and she felt very happy about how she had performed. Kristi was an exceptionally thoughtful person and she loved English class, just not the quizzes and tests. Kristi told her parents about how the spelling test was easy and how she had seen many of the words on her study list appear on the test. Kristi was so happy about how she had done. She couldn’t wait to see the results. 

Kristi got a letter in the mailbox and wondered what it was. The outside simply said, “Roxford High School”, and was encased in a white envelope. Kristi went home, opened the letter, and was stunned to see that she had aced the spelling test with flying stars. Kristi was extremely happy about how her hard work had paid off and how she had done extremely well on the spelling test and how pleased her parents would be. They would be extremely happy about the results and how wonderfully well she had completed her spelling test.

Kristi showed her parents the paper which stated her grade and they were extremely happy about being able to have such a daughter who was good at studying, patient, and loving. Her parents were so proud of their daughter and felt compelled to share with her how amazing they felt about her daughter’s achievement. Kristi was so pleased with herself and happy with her parents’ response and felt like she was the luckiest girl in the world.

Kristi felt much better about English class, and improved her spelling greatly over the next few months.

© 2021 BlueShadow


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

67 Views
Added on October 4, 2021
Last Updated on October 4, 2021

Author

BlueShadow
BlueShadow

Gainesville, FL



About
Hello! I am a Korean-American man who wrote BlueShadow because I love the English language's look, sound, and feel. I loved writing BlueShadow because I love writing in general. In BlueShado.. more..

Writing