Adventures in the Mountainland 1

Adventures in the Mountainland 1

A Story by BlueShadow

The morning air was chilly, cold and dry, and Jake Watson was just beginning to wake up and experience a morning of suspense. He had just woken up in his log cabin at the top of the mountainside and was experiencing a severe and rather long case of amnesia. He couldn’t remember if last night he was drunk or too tired and went to sleep a bit too late. He had downed the whiskey a lot and was feeling quite groggy but was unsure if he should do something about it. The morning air started to warm up a bit as the sun began to come up, and Jake went out of his cabin and started going down it to see the townspeople and their marketplace and see what they had. The marketplace was full of intrigue, life, and love, and Jake was supremely excited to take part in shopping in it and see what kind of totally radical things they had. He wasn’t sure if he were to go to the fruit stall or the watch stall. His watch was very old and he thought he needed a new one. 

He went over to the watch stall and purchased a bronze and black watch that was on time and stunningly pretty for the interesting and wonderful way it had of displaying the time. He loved his new watch that he had paid fifty dollars for and was extremely excited. He couldn’t wait to move on in his journey across the continent of Dezhia. Jake went to a bar and drank a cold, wonderful jug of ale, and he knew to himself that he shouldn’t be doing that and Jake thought that his alcoholism was an extremely difficult habit to defeat. He knew all about the effects alcohol had on your body and was saddened to realize that he was an alcoholic at the age of thirty, and knew that someday he would come to have to face his fears of being drunk and without self-control. Alcohol made the memories of his late father, mother, and brother much better. It was painful, sometimes too painful, to remember what happened to them and how they had died. Jake loved his life but sometimes he could feel kind of sad and tragic and didn’t know what to do. He resorted to alcohol because it always made him feel much better and made the pain of emotions much more able to bear. Jake Watson was done with the alcohol and preceded to ride on a horse to a place he had never known before. It was going to be exciting. 

Jake loved riding his horse and having fun in towns and the deserts and mountains he crossed. He loved climbing the mountains and making the Earth seem so small yet so large, vast expanses of Earth covered with trampled on desert, and large amounts of money being spend on clothes that were sometimes too small for him and too large. Jake loved to buy things at stores and enjoyed his life immensely because he thought that it was imperative that life be full of wonder and awe and thought that there was never enough time to appreciate the grandeur of the Earth’s sky. Jake enjoyed going on mountain trails and enjoyed the perfectly ocean blue of the sky and was forever in awe of the beauty and majesty of them. He loved having fun at bars, discos, and casinos, and knew that cash was limited.

Jake Watson was riding his horse across the desert and was stunned by the landscape’s interesting and intriguing colors; green cacti, beige, dry sand, and an amazingly turquoise sky that made him shiver with wonder. Jake loved riding in the desert because it was fun, enjoyable and wonderful riding in such a barren landscape that made you really question and think deep and hard about some of life’s most scarily deep questions. Jake loved the desert and it remoteness, wonderful variety and display of life, and beautiful cacti that made him wonder about how they grew that tall at all in such a barren place. The life forms in the desert were varied, and included lizards, flies, and armadillos. Jake loved living in the desert when he rode through it and was excited to embrace the desert’s dry, hot air and the sun’s unrelenting presence and pressure. Being in the desert was like being baked, except not quite so severe.

Alchemy, his horse, started to neigh and stutter a bit as he was riding through the desert. Oh great, Jake thought. This was bad. Jake knew he had to get some water somehow and was going to have to get it quick.. He knew the Palmetto Desert had some oases here and there but the problem was figuring out how to get the water in their. Jake got the message from his horse and immediately set out on a journey looking for water. He knew his horse would be fine, and was looking for an oasis of water that would have lots of happiness and love in it. Looking for water in a desert was akin to finding a missing key, but it was so worth it when you found it. His horse was in dire need of water and he was going to get it no matter what the cost or price. Alchemy was a kind, loving horse who loved making his owner happy with his grunts and sighs and was stunning for his strength and adorableness. Alchemy was very large and could run very quickly, and Jake loved those two qualities about alchemy. He loved her beautiful face, mane, and body. Jake loved his horse and how cute she was. Jake’s horse was like his friend, a close companion. Jake loved to travel with his horse and have fun and was intrigued by how such a wonderful animal could possibly exist in all of existence. Alchemy was a lovely creature, full of wonder and mystery and love. Jake was so thankful that he had this wonderful animal as his companion.

He finally found the oasis a few miles from his original location and gave a bucket to his horse. His horse felt so good and neighed and bowed and was obviously very excited and happy. Jake felt so relieved that his horse was happy, healthy, and thankfully ok. Alchemy and Jake continued their journey together to find a new place to stay and continued their trek across the desert in peace and happiness. Jake was extremely happy to have lived such a wonderful, adventurous life full of mystery and love. Jake was so happy to have such a wonderful horse.

© 2023 BlueShadow


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

63 Views
Added on October 23, 2021
Last Updated on October 21, 2023

Author

BlueShadow
BlueShadow

Gainesville, FL



About
Hello! I am a Korean-American man who wrote BlueShadow because I love the English language's look, sound, and feel. I loved writing BlueShadow because I love writing in general. In BlueShado.. more..

Writing