Jerome Fitzgerald

Jerome Fitzgerald

A Chapter by Slender Smile/Husna Tayyab
"

Sarah Catherine Bellham is strong spirited and takes life very seriously.Vincent Abraham Pal is ruthless, rude and a rascal.What happens when these two are forced into a relationship?Will they get out of it together or will they destroy each other?

"
“Good Morning Jerry”
 
“What the hell…” a sleepy voice grumbled, “Vince?”
 
“Wake up Buddy!”
 
“For God’s sake Vince, it’s three in the morning. Why the hell are you calling at this hour?”
 
“I think you have some explaining to do…”
 
“Oh yeah! Explaining…”
 
A string of curses sounded from the other side.
 
You might be wondering who this ‘Jerry’ might be huh?
Well…he is the one and only Jerome Fitzgerald aka Jerry. He is the only person I trust with my life.
We went to school and always hung out together. Later we went to different universities because of different reasons but, we stayed in touch. Eventually he settled down in San Francisco working as the Chief Advertising Executive at Mathew Enterprises. He was the source I called to get the information I needed.
And coming to that….
 
“Jerry…I am still waiting.”
 
“God Man! What did you expect me to do? Those two are really dangerous man, especially her friend. God! They could kick an elephant and it would die on the spot. What do you think those photographs were huh?”
 
“Jerry…are you sure you don’t have a leg fetish?”
 
“Those were the kicks I got when I tried to take their photographs for you damn it!”
 
“What?” I nearly shouted on phone.
I heard him moving.
“Ow! It still hurts.”
 
“Wow Jerry! Finally some girl who doesn’t go mushy over your looks huh?”
 
“Yeah! That was some girl. She was HOT man! But don’t you think the name ‘Anna’ sounds very…old and maidenish…?”
 
“Anna? But I thought… her name was Sarah…”
 
“S**t man! Who is talking about Sarah?
I am talking about her friend Anna Cruise. Man! She is HOT.”
 
“God Jerry ! Not again.” I said exasperatedly.
 
“Hey Vince ! Cool down OK! Why don’t you come down here and see and talk to her directly? Getting the photographs is tough man. Really!”
 
God! He sounded so pathetic. I owe him that much.
 
“Ok! I’ll be there by tomorrow eve.”
 
“Great buddy! See ya soon.”
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
I reached San Francisco two days later.
My flight landed and I went and retrieved my luggage. As soon as I exited I saw Jerry waving to me to get my attention. I went towards him.
 
“Hey buddy! Oh at last!”, He came forward and hugged me.
 
“God Jerry! Stop it Ok! No need to be so sentimental about all this and I am NOT some girl to hug so tight. So let me go. Now!” I said through gritted teeth.
 
               He let me go immediately his face red with embarrassment. I felt guilty for scolding him. I was the only one close to family he has after he lost his whole family in an accident in his last year of high school. It had been very hard for him to get over it. But, I still think he misses them a lot everyday and every minute of his life.
               The Fitzgeralds were a very close knit family and Mr. and Mrs. Fitzgerald were the people who not only believed that love is the only emotion that rules and wins every ones heart but they made their family bound by lots and lots of love.
               Being Jerry’s one and only best friend gave me the taste of this love which I never got from my own family. I miss them myself some days.
 
I cleared my throat, “Hmm…so how have you been? Looking good.”
We started walking towards the exit.
 
“I have been burning enough calories to maintain. You don’t look so bad yourself.”
 
“Hey Thanks! Girls?”
 
“Nah! Have a new product lined up for release next month. Have been working on it for the past 6 months. Expecting huge success and I am pinning high hopes on it. It may take the company places.”
“Wow! Sounds interesting.”
We reached the parking lot.
“Hmm…yeah . Stay here. I’ll get my darling!”. He winked and left.
Jerry has always been passionate about cars. But calling them darling? I shook my head at his craziness.
 
I was there waiting barely 5 seconds when a honk sounded continuously from behind, blasting my ears literally.
I’ll have to get them examined later. The honk sounded continuously.
“What the hell…?” I turned.


© 2009 Slender Smile/Husna Tayyab


Author's Note

Slender Smile/Husna Tayyab
CHeck out the photographs of the characters of my story \'HEART\'S UNSPOKEN WISH\' at the following link.
More to be updated soon.
http://s570.photobucket.com/albums/ss150/slendersmile/HUW/

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This was great and I loved your expressions in it. The stories turning rather good.
I loved when you wrote...........

""God Man! What did you expect me to do? Those two are really dangerous man, especially her friend. God! They could kick an elephant and it would die on the spot."

Made me laugh out loud. Thanks for sharing another part.

Kelley

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Your write seems to be getting staronger as it grows.
The charcters are getting more involved and intense.

I like the power involved. I am really liking this write.
Great descriptions of the characters. Wonderful so far.



Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very well done. The story is moving along nicely now. You do a really great job with your dialog exchanges.

Only thing I find myself looking for is a bit more decription here and there, but I know that's tough to do when writing in frist person.

Still, an excellent job, keep it up. :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Bud
Excellent!!! This story is getting better with each chapter. I think you're doing an outstanding job! You have a very creative mind. Keep up the great work ; )

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This was great and I loved your expressions in it. The stories turning rather good.
I loved when you wrote...........

""God Man! What did you expect me to do? Those two are really dangerous man, especially her friend. God! They could kick an elephant and it would die on the spot."

Made me laugh out loud. Thanks for sharing another part.

Kelley

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

502 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 17, 2009
Last Updated on April 6, 2009


Author

Slender Smile/Husna Tayyab
Slender Smile/Husna Tayyab

Sacramento, CA



About
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم I fall & I pick myself up, I lose hope yet I dream I am los.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..