Nostalgia

Nostalgia

A Chapter by Slender Smile/Husna Tayyab
"

Sarah Catherine Bellham is strong spirited and takes life very seriously.Vincent Abraham Pal is ruthless, rude and a rascal.What happens when these two are forced into a relationship?Will they get out of it together or will they destroy each other?

"
“Hey Vincy! What’s wrong? Vincy? U ok? Vincy…Oh God! You look pale. Are you going to faint? Are you pregnant?”
 
Pregnant!
I turned and saw Jerry with a concerned frown on his face.
 
“Pregnant? Who’s pregnant?” I asked. “Jerry, did you knock down someone?”
Jerry looked shocked.
 
“S**t Man! You really have lost it. I didn’t know you were so upset about the whole business deal. Don’t worry man, I am here and we’ll somehow get you out of it. Ok?” He patted me on my back.
 
S**t! Do I look so downtrodden?
I scowled at him.
“Whatever! Let’s get outta here. I need a bath and a bed ASAP.”
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
I woke up and looked at the clock beside the bed.
I have been asleep 15 hours flat.
My stomach gave a growl reminding me that I haven’t eaten anything in the past 18 hours.
I got up and went out into the kitchen.
Jerry was on the phone busy talking about ‘advertising’ and ‘hoardings’. There was a huge sandwich in front of him.
He was just extending his hand while ending his call when I grabbed the sandwich and bit into it.
 
“Hey! That’s mine.”
 
“Now, Its mine.” I smirked.
 
“Ugh! You are…worse now than when you were in school.” he said shaking his head.
 
There was a moments’ silence… and then we burst into laughter. We laughed so hard that jerry almost slid from the stool. We tried to wipe our watering eyes.
Gradually, the laughter subsided leaving us with a twinge of nostalgia.
 
Jerry was the one always flirting with the girls and had an eye-watering sense of humor.
I was the one who was serious and calm with a sarcastic sense of humor.
The one thing common between us was our mischievousness.
 
There was never a boring moment in my life when we were together.
Whenever we were in our school cafeteria in the lunch hour, there was one thing I would do to make the smugness disappear from Jerry’s face.
 
I would steal the food from the girls' plates without them noticing.
Me, being the silent one, was never suspected of stealing and the girls would flock over Jerry with narrowed eyes and a pout.
 
The first time I did it, Jerry couldn’t understand what was wrong with the girls to think he would steal their salads, fries what not!
Of course he couldn’t deny it because they would find the food somewhere very near to him. The girls would surround him and demand a kiss each for the food he stole.
 
Disgusting?
I know…!
 
But, just imagine what he had to go through when he had the same opinion about their demands?
And the expression on his face was awesome…hey you would love it too if you were there..!
Want to know what he did when he realized who the culprit was?
Well…he made someone take my sweaty, muscle rippling photographs while playing basketball and stick them in the girls’ locker room.
 
Ugh!!!
 
And there went my dreams of staying single and enjoying life in high school down the drain.
Just because he did that to me, I would continuously steal food to let him suffer.
 
Fortunately (for me), in spite of Jerry telling them the truth, that I was the culprit, they would never believe him.
He always ended up washing his face, scrubbing it vigorously to wipe out the lipstick stains, from the kisses left behind.
 
What? He deserves it!
 
A shrill ringing broke through our thoughts indicating it was jerry’s cell phone.
He received the call and spoke for a few moments. After hanging up, he suggested we hang out together for old time’s sake.
I agreed but I didn’t want to go to any clubs.
 
So, we decided that Jerry would take me sightseeing.


© 2009 Slender Smile/Husna Tayyab


Author's Note

Slender Smile/Husna Tayyab
CHeck out the photographs of the characters of my story 'HEART'S UNSPOKEN WISH' at the following link.
More to be updated soon.
http://s570.photobucket.com/albums/ss150/slendersmile/HUW/
I am sorry for d late updates....:( .....again.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This one is really interesting, i like this.
This is most excellent.
I felt it quite intense really and captivating.
Kept me glued to my seat and trust me
that is hard to do.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is getting better by the page girl....smiles
But as for stealing women I think he better watch out....???

Send me the next part now!!!! LOL

Kelley

Great pics too.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Bud
I like this, Slender! Another Excellent job! I think the pace is just right...at least it is for me. You have created some interesting and memorable characters. Keep up the great work!

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Hey guys.....the story next is going to get more n more interesting....;p
Wait n watch!

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

362 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 17, 2009
Last Updated on April 27, 2009


Author

Slender Smile/Husna Tayyab
Slender Smile/Husna Tayyab

Sacramento, CA



About
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم I fall & I pick myself up, I lose hope yet I dream I am los.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..