Broken Trusts

Broken Trusts

A Chapter by Slender Smile/Husna Tayyab
"

Sarah Catherine Bellham is strong spirited and takes life very seriously.Vincent Abraham Pal is ruthless, rude and a rascal.What happens when these two are forced into a relationship?Will they get out of it together or will they destroy each other?

"
Sarah’s POV
 
“Why did you do it dad?”, I shrieked in disbelief and barely controlled anger.
“You announced my engagement without my knowledge or my opinion regarding this matter.”
 
“How could you dad? Announcing this engagement without my knowledge is one thing but releasing the news to the press? You should have at least informed me after the…the…decision.”
 
I tried to control my anger and lowered my voice.
 
“How do you think I am going to deal with all this huh?”, I gritted my teeth. “Dad, do you have any idea how I am going to deal with this at university? No one knew you were my dad until yesterday. Now they are going to surround me like vultures.”, I whined.
 
“I am going to lose my privacy completely. In fact I already have. As soon as I landed I came home and these vultures were waiting to pounce on me. Thank God I caught an early flight back than scheduled or else I wouldn’t have been…”
 
“Sarah! Sarah!”, I was cut off in mid sentence.
“Dad, what happened to your voice?”
“Sarah…its Martha here.”
 
Martha Grimms has been my dad’s secretary for the last 20 years. She is a strong spirited, hard working woman. The first impression on seeing her would be ‘prude’. But, she is the warmest and most welcoming person when you get to know her. She never married and I have a feeling that she is secretly in love with my dad.
Coming to my dad, I was talking to him right? How come Martha is on the line now?
 
“Martha? Where’s dad? I was talking to him.”
“Sarah…he had an emergency meeting to attend when you called. He…asked to pass onto you the message…”,Martha hesitated.
I was shocked. It was one thing not taking my phone call as it happened many times earlier but it was altogether different when he just left me hanging here on the line thinking he was listening.
 
“Um…well…whatever he has done is for the Bellham Architects’ welfare and it was a very important step which had to be taken to let the company grow. He…”
 
I cut her off. “It’s always about the company right Martha?”, I whispered, “It is always about the DAMN COMPANY.”
“I am sorry Sarah…”
 
“No! Don’t be. Don’t ever be. Hmmm…can I know my so called fiancé’s details?”
 
“He is Vincent Abraham Pal. He is the younger son of the CEO of Pal and Pal constructions. If you want his personal contact number I can get it for you.”
 
“Hmm yes Martha. That would be good. Thank you Martha. Bye.”
I hung up.
 
I could feel my eyes burning.
No, I am not going to cry. Never. Why should I?
I don’t care right?
Yeah right.
This is what I have been telling myself all these years. But, I do care.
Damn it! It hurts.
Why God? Why did you have to take her away? She was the only one who was holding this family together.
No, I wouldn’t cry, and I definitely wouldn’t pity myself.
I brushed my tears with the back of my hand.
I turned and look outside through the glass wall. Being on the top floor gave us a breathtaking view of the whole city.
Many buildings out there could be seen. So many buildings, skyscrapers…so many people.
Unaccountable lives out there…like the tears I have been shedding all these years.
All these years where everyone I loved and trusted never cared for me, leaving me hurt and broken.
But, no….I won’t ever give anyone the chance to hurt me ever again.
 


© 2009 Slender Smile/Husna Tayyab


Author's Note

Slender Smile/Husna Tayyab
Any suggestions are welcome to help me take d story further.:)
I hv put up d heading as pov for u all to understand on whose point of view d story is running.
If u dnt want me to put up like that then i wont do it from d next chapter.
So do let me knw.
CHeck out the photographs of the characters of my story 'HEART'S UNSPOKEN WISH' at the following link.
More to be updated soon.
http://s570.photobucket.com/albums/ss150/slendersmile/HUW/

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Well, this left me wanting to read more but it is not published yet. (pouting) This is a very emotional story and one I can see being published as a romance novel when it is finished. I read all the chapters today before submitting this review...so this covers all the chapters so far. I really like the story line.....think I can guess the ending....but who knows until it is written. Thanks for sharing. Please send me a read request when the next chapter is posted.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Bud
You left me craving for more, Slender! I like how this story is unfolding. I can't wait to see how this is going to turn out for Sarah! Keep up the Amazing work, Slender!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Well, this left me wanting to read more but it is not published yet. (pouting) This is a very emotional story and one I can see being published as a romance novel when it is finished. I read all the chapters today before submitting this review...so this covers all the chapters so far. I really like the story line.....think I can guess the ending....but who knows until it is written. Thanks for sharing. Please send me a read request when the next chapter is posted.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow! Sounds a little upset here.
I like this it intesifies as it grows.
Well on to the next amazing chapter.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think she is a little pissed off???...smiles
I would be too if I was her. Kind of like her father has no respect
for her. I loved this chapter just like the rest. I just like reading your work.
It always brings a smile to my face, even though this part was very sad. Thanks for
sharing.

Kelley

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

432 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 17, 2009
Last Updated on April 27, 2009


Author

Slender Smile/Husna Tayyab
Slender Smile/Husna Tayyab

Sacramento, CA



About
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم I fall & I pick myself up, I lose hope yet I dream I am los.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..