Missing Cattle

Missing Cattle

A Story by hypochondrita
"

Planets that should not share borders with the universe 'cause they aren't handling it very well...

"
  The human population has been facing a huge problem in the past months. All over the world cows have been mysteriously disappearing, leaving no sign of their previous existence behind. Such situation lead hundreds of corporations to bankrupt and is causing a huge dysfunction when it comes to the population's diet and overall sanity.
  Supermarkets have become war zones and people's relationships are being completely ruined during fights over bovine meat...Oh, the amazing depth of human bonding!
  Many theories have been discussed to explain what's being called the weirdest thing to happen on Earth since a part of the supposed rational species actually thought the apartheid was a good idea. Only a small town girl was capable of figuring out what was really going on. Unfortunately, she got stuck in a rebellion on her way to the closest news channel studio, having her head accidentally hit by a very excited meat lover, which lead to a memory loss that condemned the human race to remain oblivious and bathing in chaos for an undetermined amount of time.
  Meanwhile, light years away from that tiny blue planet in the universe, a group of grey beings stare disappointedly at their multiple screens and promise themselves to never again try to help such an inconsiderate species with their alarming global warming rate... 

© 2016 hypochondrita


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I admire the quirkiness & originality of your imagination. I wish I could come up with such fun outlandish ideas for writing. The part that needs work is that you seem to be in the habit of TELLING instead of SHOWING (number one rule of good writing). Example: "Only a small town girl was capable of figuring out what was really going on." (TELLING) . . . compare this to . . . Betsy loved to follow cows around to see what they do all day. As she was hiding behind a rock watching a black-and-white heifer, she looked away for a moment and then suddenly the cow was gone. Determined to find out what was going on, she camped out in the pasture for days on end . . . " (a simple example of SHOWING, of course with your imagination, this could be so much more vivid & wild & fun).

Posted 7 Years Ago


hypochondrita

7 Years Ago

Ohh I see. Thats actually something I really have a problem with and I hadn't noticed it until you p.. read more
barleygirl

7 Years Ago

I was a technical writer for 30+ years, so when I first started doing creative writing, I would also.. read more
hypochondrita

7 Years Ago

I share your views on this one. I have to admit I even do it myself sometimes.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

220 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 19, 2016
Last Updated on July 19, 2016
Tags: sci-fi, fiction, humor, tale, short, funny, aliens, criticism