Coming Home

Coming Home

A Story by Frankie Nguyen

        It’s been ten years now. I’m now sixteen years old and for the first time I’m going to meet my family. I was taken from them at the age of six and put in the system. I didn’t stay long. A local family adopted me in less than a month. As I grew up I started to completely forget the family that I had come from. Sure I knew something was up considering my adopted father was blonde, my adopted mother was a vibrant red head, and me, I was a brunette. When I was fifteen I asked if I could meet my parents, my real parents. They were hesitant at first, but agreed after months of begging. I knew why they were hesitant. The entire reason I had been taken from them in the first place was because they were drug addicts. My mom has schizophrenic episodes and my father was bipolar. I was lucky I had managed to miss both of those. They had eventually, after six months of searching, had found my parents. They were still together, clean, and happy. They were taking medication and had been living relatively normal lives for about three years now. My adopted parents had gotten in touch with them and had asked if they would like to see me. Of course they didn’t hesitated. Now I was about fifteen minutes away from seeing them again. Ten years can change a person. Lord knows it changed me. I couldn’t remember their faces or anything about my life with them. The only memories I had were the ones that my adopted parents had told me. Like the fact I had a little sister who was fifteen. She lived with our parents. The only reason she wasn’t taken away along with me was because she had been at our grandmothers at the time. I thought of her as the lucky one. Me I wasn’t so lucky, yet I was. I didn’t know my parents yet I was adopted by two of the greatest people I’d ever met. I was an incredibly happy kid. I was now in a car on the way to see them again. They had moved an hour away from where they used to live. We were getting closer by the minute and the nerves hit me. Would they still love me? Would they even recognize me? Would they even want me to be a part of their lives again? So many questions I had, even some about me. Some of the questions buzzing around my head were, why me? Why did I have to be the one to go? What was my real name? So many questions that I needed answers to, but most of all was did they ever love me. That question haunted me every day of my life. It’s the worst feeling to think that your own parents don’t love you. Five minutes now until we would be in front of the house. My mom looked at me in the backseat. She could tell I was nervous. She gave me a reassuring smile and turned back around. We were here now. The house was beautiful. It was a two-story house with a white fence picket fence. It had a wrap around porch with a porch swing in the front. It was magnificent. I couldn’t believe that I could have actually lived here. I stood in front of the house just staring at it. I felt my parents put their hands on my shoulders. All the pain that I had felt faded. I’d been through hell and back. Now was my chance to make amends. I watched as the door slowly opened. There they were. My parents. The people that have created me then gave me up.

© 2011 Frankie Nguyen


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

The ending was especially sad, but the entire story was very emotionally and somehwat relatable, well done!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I love this story! You have such a way with words and a way of describing how the person feels so you feel like you are the person. It is amazing. I love it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow ifrankie you really surprised me with this obviously your a great poet and overall writer but this story is actually breathtaking the emotions leave me speechless you are very skilled keep this coming please

Posted 13 Years Ago


oh, thats really full with emotion, the hope, the sad, the angry, the people who cret someone but give them up, isnt that sad? Also, isnt that really not fair? However, I can truly admit the adopted parents are so kind, I kinda hate his real parents, even they had their reasons. Is that a real story?

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

253 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 19, 2011
Last Updated on January 23, 2011
Tags: story, iFrankie, coming, home


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Loves Epistle Loves Epistle

A Poem by .