Bound by blood

Bound by blood

A Poem by Rose
"

It's a story/poem

"

We sat on my bed talking, discussing how the world worked,

Passion poured out of our words, you were the one person who's mind made sense.

We were the same age, only twelve, if it was not for our conflicting personalities and looks, we could have been the same person.

You were loud, I was quiet. You shared your views, mine were masterfully disguised under a mask that only you saw the other side of.

You had tanned skin, sharp features and wild, curly black hair; piercing, dark eyes with a hint of warmth. I was pale with little colour in my skin, a smooth face, short, straight, golden hair, green eyes of confusion.


As we grew up, we never once grew apart, we were fully together. Those days where I was alone and scared, you would sneak out to help me. When you got in too deep and I had to rescue you from trouble. Every corner we turned, all the problems we faced, we stayed strong.

Our bodies changed, I grew tall and lanky, you stayed small and petite. We were never jealous of each other, we were sisters at heart, our friendship was written in our bones.


Now I am old, I still sit with you on my bed, we still talk about the ways and works, our discussions are just as lively as before.

Our old, creased skin cause us to look more similar, the same worn out eyes, drowning in wisdom, grey, coarse hair is matted around our faces. Your face holds the same energy and excitement of the child inside, and mine still holds the same secrecy, buried under these wrinkles is still the same girl as I used to be.


They told me everyday that you had died years before in a car accident when you were fourteen. 

The looks I got from passers by when I talked to you, the names I was called, the bullying I suffered for staying with you; it was all worth it to see you behind my eyelids everyday until I met you at the gates of death.

© 2010 Rose


Author's Note

Rose
Hmm, I'm not that sure what this is... It's like a poem, but also a story...
Reviews please :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A beautiful tragedy.
One of the best I've read as it meets what I look for in writing. Something askew, something between reality and dream. Brutal truth, faith and dedication.

Keep up the good writes.

Posted 12 Years Ago


it is a poem but i feel it like a story. good writing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Kes
Wow. I was not expecting that ending.
You're right; this is oddly like a poem. I really like it though. The end really threw me. Breathtaking.
You've got talent - don't you forget it!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

299 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 29, 2010
Last Updated on October 29, 2010

Author

Rose
Rose

London, United Kingdom



About
Hey :) I'm Rose the outpatient. Judge me all you like, I couldn't give a f**k :) Talk to me! Zoophagous.tumblr.com more..

Writing