The Man

The Man

A Story by Anna
"

Ha ha I like this one but it's not done...XD

"

      Her heart lept as her father took another swing at her, her mother laughed. The smoke from her mother's cigar filled the room, making it harder for her to breath. Bruises covered her pale body and her dark blue eys began to well up. She was choking back tears, she couldn't take any more. She kept telling her teachers she fell down the stairs or ran into a wall. But they were getting suspicious.

      The subtle train movements soothed her worried mind as she read her book. She was running away from everything. Taking the easy way out. Her parents had beat her and she couldn't deal with that. A man of about twenty-eight noticed her maturity and watched her intently.

       She noticed him staring,"May I help you?" she said not lifting her eyes from the book, hiding behind a thin sheet of wavey brown hair.

      He stood and sat in the seat close to her. "I just notice that you are reading a book by Stephen King. Does it not disturb you?" his question brought her eyes to his. His face was akward, an oddly positioned nose, strangely scarred ears and a lack of hair at the top of his head.

      There was an akward silence and then an answer by the girl,"Of course it does." She showed no emotion what so ever and let them man be curious of her nature.

      The man was alarmed by her strange answer,"Then why do you read it? I insist an answer!" He moved closer to her listening intently, as if he expected a certain answer.

      Her reply was simple and completely true,"I like the adrenaline." An akward childish smile slipped out as she moved her hair behind her ears.

      His hand made a move to touch her hair, but she slapped him away."You remind me so much of my daughter, and you will come with me at the next stop. You will be my daughter." He grinned and his face softened. Was he a demented weirdo? She thought.

She moved away from him in fear,"What the hell are you talking about?" It was now obvious that she was in distress, and that she needed help. But the empty train offered none. "I'm not going with you anywhere!"

      He laughed in a beguiling way. "But you're my daughter, silly. You're supposed to come home with me!" She started looking around and yelling for help, but no one was there. "Shhh! I don't wanna have to tie you up and gag you, like before! Do you really want that to happen to you again?" He held up a peice of cloth and a rope.

      She started panicking. "Before? I just met you! And I'm not your daughter!" she yelled into his face. He wiped away her spit and cracked his neck, still seeming determined.

He shook his head,"That's what you said last time, but at the end you admitted it." He looked into her eyes and saw her fear but he couldn't stop, he couldn't control it. It just felt so good! She started tearing up, she was wondering if this would be the end, she was almost certain that it was.

He noticed her tears and tried to hold her in his arms but she darted away. "Emma! What did I do wrong? Come back! You know I love you my sweet innocent child!" he called after her, he sighed and slowly chased her. He still had the rope in his hand, and he didn't seem hesitant to use it.

      She kept running, darting from corner to corner. A terrible tactic. Her heart skipped a few beats when she saw he was drawing nearer, every ounce of fear she had obtained during her life was now oblivious to what she now felt. She was tired, panting hard, she couldn't handle it any more. She gave in, as easy as that. He looked at her and said,"You have been a bad girl. It's a time out for you!" He took the rope tied her up, "Do I have to gag you or can you be quiet?" She spit on his face and he sighed once more. The white gag looked as if it had been used many times before, that made her panic once more.

      He picked her up with a grunt. She kicked harshly trying wriggle free, before she could he dropped her into her chair."Do you want me to read your book to you??" He said trying to sound sympathetic. She glared at him, not moving her head the slightest. "I'm gonna read anyway.

She still sat staring at him with hate. Her eyes said everything. He dared not to look at her, but simply said the words of Stephen King instead of his own,"The man from the chevy died twenty miles from the hosp-" He stopped for the girl was moaning behind the gag."What is it Emma?" he said his eyes widening.

      She kept talking but no words came from her. He put the book down and reached over to remove the gag momentarily. She took a deep breath and said,"First of all my name's not Emma it's Kaylee. And that's not the part I'm at." He sighed and reached over to put the gag back up.

      He picked the book up and set it on her lap and replied,"Emma what did I tell you about lying about your name? And that's where we left off so that's where we are going continue from." he stared at her still angry face "Is that clear, darling?" She nodded her, hoping that if she behaved he would untie her and give her a chance to escape.

      After enduring another thirty minutes of utter silence and hatred,he unrapped Kaylee and said,"Now listen I'm going to take you home and during the walk to my car you will be silent and unnoticed. Understood?"

      She stared at him with utter disbelief, "And what's to stop me from running with every ounce of strength I have?" Her eyes flickered away when he stopped untying the rope. A sliver of hope appeared in front of her, taunting her.

      He continued his intended task but said nothing, Kaylee smiled at the thought of escaping this wretched man. The train came to a slow halt and the doors opened slowly but steadily. A crowd of people stood on the platform, chattering away, letting a man take a young girl to her death. And suddenly the golden opportunity struck her, a group of people boarding the train as a group were passing by her. She tried to pull away but he had a firm grip upon her arm. She tried yelling but the station was to loud, over crowded.

      She was scared. She did a stupid thing, she kicked him. As hard as she could. His grimp tightened and he showed nothing. He didn't even wince, it was like he was a big unfeeling robot.

~To be Continued~

© 2008 Anna


Author's Note

Anna
I didn't finish because I'm to lazy....XD

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

182 Views
Added on July 11, 2008

Author

Anna
Anna

Candy Land, CA



About
'Ello! I'm Anna and I'm 13 and damn well proud of it. I usually don't show any of my friends my writing because I can be kind of demented. I love to play the flute, I'm currently protecting first chai.. more..

Writing
Dreams Dreams

A Story by Anna


Mirrors Mirrors

A Story by Anna


Music Music

A Story by Anna