Mirrors

Mirrors

A Story by Anna

"In a room of mirrors, how can I know which one is me?" I whispered to myself in the fetal position. Rocking gently back and forth, hugging my legs close. I looked around and nothing but fakes all around me. That couldn't possibly be me, I'm strong, I won't back down. Right? If that was me why was I scared? Was it because all the mirrors were smeared with blood and broken? No, no, no, that was

me. I remember that moment. When they took her away from me, I fought, I failed. End of story. I should be dead, not suffering. Dead. Dead. "Dead, dead," I whispered to myself. I shuddered and looked around again. Shards of reflective glass all around me. Tempting. No. I can't do that. I have to find her. Have to. Have to. I reached out involuntarily to a broken mirror peice. I gripped it tightly, letting the bood drip from my palm. I opened my hand again, the other still wrapped around my legs. I took the shard and flung it at a diferent mirror, one that wasn't very broken. It shattered and my blood flung in droplets against the other mirrors. I watched in fascination as the glass flew in all directions. I heard a chuckle behind me. My daughter! I crawled on my hands and knees closer to my hallucination, glass peircing my skin. My eyes were wide with excitement. I reached out to grab her but realized I was touching a mirror with just a reflection. I turned backwards and searched again. All just reflections. I shreiked in pain from the false hope. "My love! Where are you?" was all I repeated. Trapped for an eternity in a room of mirrors.

© 2008 Anna


Author's Note

Anna
I like this one alot! It repeats itself alot because she's going crazy!!! YAY!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

loss will drive you insane...

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

180 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 21, 2008

Author

Anna
Anna

Candy Land, CA



About
'Ello! I'm Anna and I'm 13 and damn well proud of it. I usually don't show any of my friends my writing because I can be kind of demented. I love to play the flute, I'm currently protecting first chai.. more..

Writing
Dreams Dreams

A Story by Anna


Music Music

A Story by Anna


I'll be waiting I'll be waiting

A Story by Anna