THE GIRL FROM THE PLAYGROUND

THE GIRL FROM THE PLAYGROUND

A Story by iamlordharry
"

A story of a boy and his unknown puppy love.

"

                It was a nice hot afternoon. And as usual, I’m bored and the only thing I want is to go to the playground near our house. The playground was so beautiful. It has the greenest grass and the most colourful flowers I have ever seen in the entire world. It also has some swings, see-saws, slides and everything a boy would ever dream of. Surely, it was a child’s paradise. I went upstairs to my parent’s room to ask permission. Knocking on the door, I shouted “Mom! Dad! Can I go to the playground for a while? “.“Go ask your brother to take you to the playground.” says Mom. “You need to have someone to look over you.” says Dad. So I went to my brother and asked him to come with me to the playground. “Okay, just don’t be so excited when we get there” says my brother, who is also super bored in our house.

            A few moments later, I was at the beautiful paradise. The sounds of children at play echoed from the park, stomping and running and laughing. There were also some food-stalls waiting for me to have a little snack and most of all, there, sitting by the tree in the far end of the park is the girl. The girl is very pretty. She has a silky pink ribbon tying her beautiful curls. She also has a marvellous smile. The smile, I get to see every time I saw her.

            As timid as I am, I went to my usual playmates. As I was walking towards my friends, I glanced at the girl who used to be my playmate. She was still smiling at me. I looked to the ground shyly �" not returning the girl’s hopeful smile. “Hey! Let’s play Hide and Seek” says Peter, my friend. “Yeah. Let’s go!” says Dave, my other friend. We went and played Hide and Seek. Peter was the “it”. 1, 2. Martin hid behind the food-stalls nearby. Harvey hid behind the group of children nearby. And Dave hid underneath the slide where I used to hide. So I’m the only one who hadn’t found a hiding place. 3, 4. I looked around to see if there is somewhere I can hide. 5, 6. Then I saw the tree in the far end of the park. The girl was there, sitting all alone while playing with her toys. 7, 8, 9. I guess I have no choice. I need to hide there. And before Peter can say and “10”, I had already hid behind the tree. The girl looked at me with questioning eyes. “Please don’t tell them I’m here” I pleaded with a shushed voice. “Okay” says her. Then, some sinister looking girls went to her and asked her if she wants to play. From the girls’ naughty snickers, you can say that they have a not-so-good intention for the girl. The girl hesitated for a moment but said an unsure yes. I would like to stop her from playing with them, but I can’t go out of my hiding place so the girl went with the naughty girls to play.

            She, while playing with her playmates, was tripped by one of the girls. Then, her playmates laughed at her. They told her very bad things. She sat in silence for a moment. Her face became red. I’m sure she is going to cry. I need to help her. I gathered up all of my courage to go to her and offer my hand. When she looked up to see who offered a helping hand to her, surprised look washed over her angelic face, she hesitantly raised her hand thinking I may make more fun of her but she held to it anyway. Pete saw me and told me I was”it” but I ignored him. The kids stopped laughing and began watching us with curiosity as we walked to the tree in the far end of the park hand in hand not caring what the other children will think.

© 2012 iamlordharry


Author's Note

iamlordharry
My first post. Hope You like it. I'm not a professional essayist. Just a trying hard writer.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
Added on October 6, 2012
Last Updated on October 6, 2012
Tags: the, girl, from, playground, short story, funny

Author

iamlordharry
iamlordharry

Ligao, Bicol, Philippines



About
Hi! I'm Psalm, an awkward-15-yr-old potterhead who likes reading, writing*a little*, eating, sleeping and eating. :) A crazy lunatic who likes adventure in many unknown places. He loves the Harry P.. more..