Ocean

Ocean

A Poem by Ian Craven

The ocean is a mouth that spits and foams, an incurable sickness that none have known. From its mouth it speaks a word, the beast comes forth and all is disturbed. From its mouth we catch the fish before the earth turns and all of it splits. The sea will gasp and choke on blood, chaos will rule without the sun. A war of wars set in the gloom, repent before it’s over or you will be doomed. A man is coming that all will see, he is coming soon with the clouds, so be ready. Do not wonder to the cave, stay focused on this Jesus who is the way. You may not know him who seeks after you, but if you embrace him, your life will bloom. New colors and rays will fill your eyes as the old passes away and the new arrives. Look to him now to know his love and his dove will come down to you from above. This Jesus he comes as a bride, so give up yourself and do not hide. Go with him to the mountain of myrrh, for all must know him who have not heard. Least the rocks fall upon their brow and their life ends under the ground.

© 2015 Ian Craven


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really liked how the first half of the poem is choppy, like a stormy sea engulfing itself all it surrounds. Then the second half, when Jesus walks in, it calms - like when he calmed the storm in the middle of its raging. Beautiful work, again, loved it!

Posted 7 Years Ago


A rock does not have a brow. When I say brow I am talking about the people.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Some of the lines within the poem roll off the tongue well but there are some that don't make sense or sound bad. Does a rock have a brow and a life?

Posted 8 Years Ago


Fabulous piece again, thanks for sharing, PTL!

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

313 Views
4 Reviews
Added on February 9, 2015
Last Updated on February 9, 2015

Author

Ian Craven
Ian Craven

Eastanollee, GA



About
I'm a short story writer, poet and novelist. I spend most of my free time writing. Feel free to be my friend. I like meeting new people. I welcome constructive criticism on my writing. more..

Writing
Stars Stars

A Poem by Ian Craven