Walkthrough Gates Developed To Check Coronavirus Spread

Walkthrough Gates Developed To Check Coronavirus Spread

A Story by Arslan Hassan
"

The world is facing an unprecedented crisis; Coronavirus has now affected more than 55 million people, with over 1.33 million deaths. Within months, the virus was declared a pandemic.

"

How Long Is It Going To Take? 

Government and authorities across the globe are working day and night to decrease the spread of the virus. Not only is the virus a threat to human life, but it is also affecting the world economy adversely.


After taking multiple steps to help slow down the spread, governments around the globe are also trying to sustain the economy. The biggest challenge for the authorities right now is to focus on public health as well as the depreciating economy.

 

The "Curve" and Efforts to flatten it

The number of cases that are increasing drastically every day needs to be controlled. An increase in the number of cases with a diminishing trend is our only hope to contain the virus. Flattening the curve doesn't mean the total cases would decrease, in fact it means a lower number of new cases.


Therefore, governments are introducing measures to decrease the number of infections. Social distancing is the number one method being used; when people don't come in contact with other people, the chances of infection decrease automatically.

However, the economy cannot remain in lockdown forever. Some countries, especially developing countries, need to reopen their factories and industries; otherwise, half their population will starve. To combat this challenge, governments are adopting innovative methods to prevent COVID-19.

 

Prevention through Innovation

Several practices are being followed around the globe to prevent the spread of the fatal virus. While personal protection gear is expected on health care workers and other front line warriors, it has also become a norm for the common man. People with masks and gloves have become a common sight throughout the globe. Another invention to prevent infection is the walkthrough gates.


What is Walkthrough Sanitization Gates?

Previously the world was only familiar with walkthrough gates that were used at security checkpoints. Found mostly in airports, the purpose of those walkthrough gates was to scan people for unauthorized objects.


Walkthrough Sanitization and Detection Gates developed for Coronavirus are inspired by their predecessor. They are being used to detect and disinfect people to prevent the spread of the virus.


Here are the two types of Walkthrough gates:


Walkthrough Sanitization Gates 

With the increase in the spread of the virus, some countries have come up with the idea to install disinfecting walkthrough gates or tunnels outside buildings to protect and sterilize people from germs. Along with sanitizing streets and buildings, installing these sanitizing gates is also one of the preventive measures followed in multiple countries.


5-meter long sterilization tunnels have been installed in various parts of China. When a person walks through these sterilization gates, they have sprayed with a large amount of sterilizer automatically, a combat strategy against the virus. 


Walkthrough sanitization gates are being used in factories as governments try to reopen their industry while attempting to restrict the spread of infection.


Thermal Walkthrough Gates 

Another type of walkthrough gates is thermal walkthrough gates, which help in detecting the temperature of the person walking through it. Smart Thermal walkthrough gates have now been installed in various countries around the world to help identify the affected people.


The innovative idea to install walkthrough gates outside buildings is assisting the government in to detect cases easily. These smart walkthrough gates take a person's body temperature and send that data online for monitoring. These cost-effective gates can help identify patients and immediately take action to keep them isolated.


Installing these walkthrough gates outside hospitals, government offices, grocery stores, etc. is an excellent step towards the prevention of the spread. The sanitizing machines installed in these gates are helping people stay safe from catching the virus while they are exposed and present in high-risk areas.


What are the Advantages of Walkthrough Gates?

·         Ensure public safety

·         Easy and quick detection of patients

·         Easy and affordable solution for public protection

 

Are Walkthrough Gates Effective for Battling Coronavirus?

Thermal Walkthrough Gates increases the chance of identifying people that have COVID-19 so that they can be isolated and treated. However, COVID -19 is a strange virus; some people remain asymptomatic even when they are infected with the virus. Therefore, the gate does not have a 100% success rate, but it does increase the probability of detection.


On the other hand, the Walkthrough Sanitization Gates are a little controversial. Experts are not sure if these disinfecting tunnels and walkthroughs are effective against Coronavirus. On the one hand, spraying people with disinfectant makes sure that they are not carrying germs inside the building with them. However, on the other hand, bleach and other disinfectants are detrimental to people's health; most of them are known carcinogens, and even the safest of them can cause irritation of the skin.


A Reminder: Follow Hygiene Guidelines With or Without Walkthrough Gates 

Installation of walkthrough devices does not promise you full protection or shielding. The purpose of these walkthrough gates is to decrease the spread of infection through early detection and disinfection.


However, the public is advised to still practice the necessary protocols, including handwashing and maintaining a 2 meter (6 feet) distance.


Here is what you should do: 


·         Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water.

·         Use sanitizers with at least 70% alcohol.

·         Avoid touching surfaces

·         Avoid public gatherings

·         Use of masks and gloves

·         Avoid touching  your face

 

Conclusion 

There is no telling how long it is going to take for us to return to our normal lives. Researches about origin, prevention, symptoms, and treatment of the virus are being carried out around the globe, but until then, we have to stay careful and vigilant on our activities and exposure. Although they need to become more sophisticated and safe, inventions like the Walkthrough gates can help prevent the spread of the virus. Governments can utilize the resources available to them, including digital marketing, to invite innovative prevention ideas.


Together, we can beat this virus. What do you think of these walkthrough gates? 



 

© 2020 Arslan Hassan


Author's Note

Arslan Hassan
This article was written by Arslan Hassan. He writes articles for Dynamologic Solutions.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

23 Views
Added on November 17, 2020
Last Updated on November 17, 2020
Tags: Pandemic, Crisis, Corona