Running on Empty

Running on Empty

A Story by Gemma Elizabeth
"

When the desire to be 'beautiful' becomes an obession...

"

My legs ache and burn, my stomach growls from hunger.  No matter.  Need to put them out of mind and keep running.  Have to lose weight.  Have to be pretty.  Have to fit in. 

 

Some people say be proud of who you are, don’t listen to others.  Only the people who can look into the mirror for longer then five seconds say this.  I have never been one of those.

 

I haven’t eaten anything in two days.  I figure its quicker then counting calories. I push myself harder, ignoring the protest from my legs.   Have to lose weight.  Have to be pretty.  Have to fit in.   

© 2011 Gemma Elizabeth


Author's Note

Gemma Elizabeth
I wrote this a while back.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

chinese, once said
a trip of a thousand miles
start with one step

Posted 13 Years Ago


I've been waiting for something new from you! Where ya been? This is just long enough to say what needed to be said. Hobson said it best in the movie, "Arthur"... You have a lovely economy with words.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Love it :)

Short and to the point, and the repetition works really well (even in such a short space of time)

Title is perfect.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

422 Views
3 Reviews
Added on February 13, 2011
Last Updated on February 13, 2011
Tags: Ugly, Weight Lose, Exercise, Fitting In, Desire, Wanting

Author

Gemma Elizabeth
Gemma Elizabeth

Crewe, North West, United Kingdom



About
Recently graduated from a Drama and Creative Writing course, I find that I'm unable to write XD more..

Writing