The Mismatched Beauty of Synchronicity

The Mismatched Beauty of Synchronicity

A Poem by icelandicblue

He was an ordinary man
dressed in an unremarkable suit,
she was an extraordinary woman
dressed in shiny silk that hugged
each dangerous curve
in a waterfall of quicksilver.

A disparate pairing to the uninitiated
until the music began and they swayed
in a rhythm so personal it rewrote
each note into the smoothest of symphonies
surrounding them in a spellbinding aura.

Unmatched bookends in a world
of symmetrical pairings, so deceiving, so intriguing.
And in their private moments their synchronicity
retired to crisp sheets and gossamer musings
of romantic artistry that sang to the power of one.

© 2014 icelandicblue


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

this is so breathtakingly romantic...how opposites attract....and how others view couples often enough...with "what is she doing with him?" or vice'-versa...

surprise surprise, they dance together so well, they are one.

this poem is "romantic artistry" at its best..

if i did favorites, this would top the list.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

I am touched by your review jacob. Thank you so much.
jacob erin-cilberto

9 Years Ago

I had to come back to this poem...I love it.
icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

Coming from a poet such as yourself I am honored that you came back for another read. Thank you.



Reviews

a waterfall of quicksilver and gossamer musings. Lovely.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Your writing always take me to the scene of picture you paint. I could feel the energy, music and rhythm between the two characters. A tale of when opposites attract and create beautiful music. Beautifully written.

Posted 9 Years Ago


icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

I like the way the poem moved for you. You always have a way of bringing others words to life.
This makes me think of how what is on the surface, what others see, or are allowed to see, in a moment of passing and judging, can be so meaningless, when it comes to love. Instead, it is the way two dance with one another, move together in life, in love... It is synchronicity-- that underlies profound love... such a beautiful word... Love the title too!

Posted 9 Years Ago


icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

Hi Horizon,
Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on the poem.
"in a waterfall of quicksilver" Very good. You have a style that is free flowing and smooth. I enjoyed this poem today.

Posted 9 Years Ago


icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much. I appreciate that. I owe you a couple of reads. ; )
As I read this piece, I thought about how so many television couples are glamorous. Their spacial beauty always needs to be symmetrical for them to be the best couple.

I like how you break that trend in this poem. You show how people who are physical opposites share passion and intensity. What you have here is real, musical, light on its feet. You show how the resonant frequencies of their souls align, and how the express that linkage through dance. Truly wonderful.

Posted 9 Years Ago


icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

I love your review and could not agree more. Thanks so much.
The heart wants what it wants Lady Blue.Even if we are polar opposites.Who can say what your other half will look like.This is lovely :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much!
Vidya Bacchus

9 Years Ago

You are welcome :)
A love story, the best of two souls finding each other, despite outward differences... the heart sees better... Great one here, Blue!

Posted 9 Years Ago


icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

When we look beyond the corporeal there is just so much more to see. Thank you Rita.
He was an ordinary man
dressed in an unremarkable suit,
she was an extraordinary woman
dressed in shiny silk that hugged
each dangerous curve
in a waterfall of quicksilver

Masterful word-smithing.

Posted 9 Years Ago


icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

Thank you Pryde. I love the term word-smith.
Vive les differences! No matter what, where, who.. tis the inner being that matters.. clothes are just the lantern that shines from a person.. but its flickering tween two people signals.. more.. come.. more. Love the words you've woven here, they sway too, that's what matters.. as long as they both hear the same music. Of course!

Great writing, softly put, seams sewn with great care: ' And in their private moments their synchronicity ~ retired to crisp sheets and gossamer musings ~ of romantic artistry that sang to the power of one.' Now that, dear poet, is how words should fall

Posted 9 Years Ago


icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

There are all kinds of beauty, not all of them tangible and it really is seen by the eye of the beho.. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3398 Views
31 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on April 24, 2014
Last Updated on April 25, 2014

Author

icelandicblue
icelandicblue

Boston



About
I do not accept any new friend requests unless we have read and commented on each others poetry. No exceptions. I have enough homework as it is. I expect reciprocity in our exchanges. Read my work and.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Aware Aware

A Poem by Sami Khalil


Que Sera, Sera Que Sera, Sera

A Poem by s y e