Always

Always

A Poem by icelandicblue

She stood in opulent glory
beneath the rays of sunlight
her raised arms
in a flame of exquisite fashion.

In her prime there was nothing
that could match her burning presence
until the day that each jeweled swatch
darkened and fell gracefully away

leaving her bare and exposed.
She shivered in the cold and longed
to hear the murmur and comforting susurrous
of her silken gown in the warm breezes of yesterday.

And finally he came in a blistering gale,
witnessing her distress in her state of dishabille,
feeling a beauty he had never witnessed,
he covered her in a sparkling robe of crystalline white.

And so together they stood until she blinked
the frost from her lashes and noticed  he was slowly leaving,
but she knew their separation temporary for they would
always find each other, so she sighed and turned her face to the sky.

© 2014 icelandicblue


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

i see something like...the outer beauty worn down, but he notices her for what's inside, and proves that...so she knows his love is real...and that he will always come back for what she is today and what she will be tomorrow....no matter how much the beauty has faded on the outside.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

I see that too jacob. Thank you so much.



Reviews

oh this is lovely. It reminds me of something ancient - a tree spirit. A myth. And then again it reminded me of a silent movie - a beauty as she ages. Its one of those wonderful writes that spins off in so many directions for me. Beautiful stuff.

Posted 8 Years Ago


icelandicblue

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much. I haven't visited this poem in quite a while and it's nice to see I don't always .. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
BL
There is something beautiful, graceful, cold and wintery here. Love is described as a magnetic force that is always returned to

Posted 9 Years Ago


This is a beautiful poem, Blue. Once love has touched us, there is no going back to pre-beloved status, come what may. Love your use of nature imagery here. Well crafted!

Posted 9 Years Ago


icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

I seem to do love better with nature poetry than with people! Thanks so much Rita.
This moves so slowly through the mind... the heart... it weaves in deep, and pulls away... the sadness... One can feel the past fading into the darker present... and then a glimpsing of life to come.. so brilliantly done...

Posted 9 Years Ago


icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

Thank you Craig. It's nice to see you again. I appreciate your thoughts and I am glad that you enjoy.. read more
This is just superb. I absolutely loved the wintry imagery of this piece. It's an exquisite combination of subtle, romantic poetry and timeless folk tale; just what I love to read and write myself. Very well done :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your kind words. It is nice to meet you.
How beautiful! '.. together they stood until she blinked.. the frost from her lashes and.. '

grief, teared-up at that point!

For me - as a landscape designer, this has to honour the most beautiful flower at her finest, most glorious time. But then, just at the point of fading, Winter appears - '.. in a blistering gale.. ' and encapsulates her in a cloak of glistening crystal through the season of sweet rest. And so each year, each cycle, she grows, she buds, she blooms and then, again, waits for her wonderful protector.

Or then again, there could be a woman out there who lives the same way and waits, waits for love to care and protect her.

Posted 9 Years Ago


icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

That is one beautiful review. I imagine your landscape design is as poetic as your words. Thank you .. read more
emmajoy

9 Years Ago

Although whatever's designed has to be for the client(s), I try to create a natural, subtle place wi.. read more
This I felt in a few different ways but what I found most intriguing is how it seems Autumn has given way to the lady of winter, coating her in white and as he leaves, she knows she will see him again for he always returns to introduce her to the earth. Not sure if I am close, but I really did enjoy this Icelandicblue. This was beautiful.

Posted 9 Years Ago


icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

Thanks so much will. Your interpretation is beautifully expressed.
An incredibly beautiful poem Ice lady, to me its like a fairy tale where the beautiful princess has been bewitched by the wicked queen and although her prince comes to save her he has to go for a while, of course that's my mind i'm sure you may have other ideas, thank you for this lovely poem :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

I like your ideas Richard. Thank you. ; )
He sees the beauty in her maybe she doesn't see. Has her believing in it again, for she is perfect as she is, from the inside no matter the outside beauty and how time will change it on the outside. She will always be his love in his heart time and again.

@{/:o)

Posted 9 Years Ago


icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your comment Black Rose.
Ice, I had to read this three times, and I'm not looking at any of the other reviews...but did this poem personify a gorgeous tree full of red and orange russet leaves of the fall, only to fall barren for winter? Until she was covered with a blanket of snow? Great metaphorical writing, my icelandic friend...I really enjoyed this one.

Posted 9 Years Ago


icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

Ah, that is the story told here my friend. I was careful not to mention the seasons but interpretati.. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

814 Views
21 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on November 15, 2014
Last Updated on November 16, 2014

Author

icelandicblue
icelandicblue

Boston



About
I do not accept any new friend requests unless we have read and commented on each others poetry. No exceptions. I have enough homework as it is. I expect reciprocity in our exchanges. Read my work and.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..