The Clarity of Snow

The Clarity of Snow

A Poem by icelandicblue

There in your eyes
I see a blizzard of emotion,
we are blinded by life’s persistent gales
so we huddle beneath warm woolen memories

and wait for the sun to push its bright eye
between the clouds and blink its glistening halo
across the soft fresh snow of possibilities,
it is then I see your face, once again, for the first time.

© 2014 icelandicblue


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

superb metaphors and tender write. a gem of a poem.
blizzard of emotion
life's persistent gales
warm woolen memories
snow of possibilities

those are going into my personal dictionary.

Posted 9 Years Ago


icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

Thank you Woody. I am honored you enjoyed the wording in this poem. ; )
Like Elliot, to go back to the same place and know it for the first time. Beautiful!


Posted 9 Years Ago


icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

I love that quote:

"We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our explori.. read more
Alfred Kukitz

9 Years Ago

We had some playground reunions back in the '90s. I felt it there!
soft fresh snow of possibilities...

We long for summer's sunshine, but we forget the memories of snow. Love this, Blue.

Posted 9 Years Ago


icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

There is a particular beauty and a sense of newness in winter that summer, although so much more com.. read more
The metaphors you use; just brilliant writer. When I come here, I know a poet rests, contented assured, loved by many. You make me want to write - you have that something, some of us will never have, never reach. I just love your writing, and the tone, is always yours, I recognize it like the singer of the song on the radio, the perfect sound resonating outward to all, to me. Thank you again. Wow, that's really my language, like a teenager, blown away.

Posted 9 Years Ago


icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

Winter is a metaphorical wonderland. Thanks Confuser.
Confuser

9 Years Ago

You are right.........................Thank you. Dale
nice metaphor used here..."the fresh snow of possibilities"

love the last line also...something so blinding about snow, but at the same time, that paradox of seeing clearly what isn't all that clear.

Posted 9 Years Ago


icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

Unsullied snow holds so many possibilities. Thanks so much jacob.
it is then I see your face, once again, for the first time....
So beautifully sweet. This reminds me of my daughter - I look at her beautiful face, at the way her eyes light up when she looks at me and I know - anything is possible.
I love your poem. Going in my favs.

100/100 glistening snowflakes
:) Julie

Posted 9 Years Ago


icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

Ah, that you Julie. A child most definitely helps us all believe anything is possible.
It's amazing how the snow has a way of making the world seem clean and new. I love the juxtaposition of using the cold snow to represent the warmth of new possibilities. We do indeed huddle beneath warm woolen memories; but if that gets us through the storms of life, we are all the richer for it. Lovely!

Posted 9 Years Ago


icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

So nice to see you Linda. Thanks for your lovely comment.
I haven't seen snow in a long a*s time. It's pretty, when your inside a heated house in a warm robe drinking coffee looking out the window at it. If you actually have to do s**t in it, it seriously blows. I guess that's why I moved to Florida. That and I don't own a robe.

Posted 9 Years Ago


icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

Snow is spectacular if you only have to enjoy it. I don't think there is a more zen moment than bei.. read more
mmm how beautiful ... i want to tuck myself up in my snow cave ... such romance Icey! nice one .. "...once again, for the first time" .. just beautiful!
E.

Posted 9 Years Ago


icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

They don't call me icelandicblue for nothing!Thanks Einstein.
Einstein Noodle

9 Years Ago

:) .........
E.
Perhaps.. maybe, we just need someone either there, facing, or, in the shadows... because it's knowing you're not alone is what matters most for both of you, of course.

The sweetest sentiment written very honestly.

Posted 9 Years Ago


icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

I appreciate that Emma. Thank you.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

540 Views
22 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on December 24, 2014
Last Updated on December 24, 2014

Author

icelandicblue
icelandicblue

Boston



About
I do not accept any new friend requests unless we have read and commented on each others poetry. No exceptions. I have enough homework as it is. I expect reciprocity in our exchanges. Read my work and.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Change Change

A Poem by Soren