Beauty In Darkness

Beauty In Darkness

A Poem by idiotproof--1
"

Just a short poem I did.

"
Beauty In Darkness

Darkness hides all the awful things that seek you out in the light
and covers all the terrible images the light reveals.
Blind.
I can see more in dark than in light.
Have you ever felt a sunrise
or tasted moonlight?
have you ever heard the night slowly crawl across the horizon;
devouring what is left of the day.
Secrets are whispered silently and lost in the dark. 
Echos and silence mingle together to create the symphony of shadows.
Deaf.
I hear more in the silence of the night.
Have you ever felt the embrace of darkness
or caught the scent of morning rays of light?
Even the most quiet words spoken in silence carry the power
of a roaring thunder storm.
Mute.
I speak more words in my mind than I ever could aloud.
Have you ever felt pain?
Whether it was the smallest burn or your lungs straining while you choke under water.
It completely surrounds you and buries itself deep into your soul 
even if it only lasts a second.
Numb.
I feel nothing. 
 

© 2014 idiotproof--1


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The best read of the day! Such a strong thought conveyed in a small poem is really amazing..
I really adore talented people who have extra ordinary talents and you're now one of them for me! ;)

Looking forward to read more of your works in the near future! :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


Powerful work, I am left a bit at a loss to express my feelings beyond, really liking it. Excellent imagery of all senses and Numb. final three words, perfect.

Posted 8 Years Ago


I really liked the idea of holding the words that you want to resonate with the reader - well done!

Posted 8 Years Ago


I like your use of metaphors and how you intertwine the senses with natural forces. It was a nice touch to use a key word t create space between each section. It was emotional and well written thank you. :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


I really like how you played on so many of the senses within this piece and yet it feels as though the emotion is so completely prominent it's almost overwhelming (In a good way - far from overbearing. i hope this makes sense) Stunning imagery even though this is far beyond heartbreaking.

Posted 9 Years Ago


This is quite the eye opener ( forgive the irony in that sentence). You show here that we should all enjoy the senses we have and be happy with what we lack (whether it be a physical handicap or something else). I think you meant 'burn of your lungs' as appose to 'burn or your lungs.' I don't quite understand the numb bit at the end. Are you trying to say that it is better to feel something rather than nothing at all? Either way, this is a lovely bit of writing and I encourage you to write more!


Posted 9 Years Ago


beautiful poem thanks for sharing!

Posted 9 Years Ago


very nice enjoyed it very much thanks for sharing!

Posted 9 Years Ago


This is a great poem keep up the great work and keep them coming

Posted 9 Years Ago


Very good choice of words I'd say .. I like it .. and looking forward to reading more ... thanks for sharing with us. I also liked the way you ask questions for it leaves us wondering and thinking about the answer that touches us the most .. at least i have done so while reading your lines.

Posted 9 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

501 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 23, 2014
Last Updated on June 19, 2014

Author

idiotproof--1
idiotproof--1

stratford, ontario, Canada



Writing