Malice

Malice

A Poem by ANR

I was once told that the body is a temple and that anyone who wishes to worship within it, should be chosen wisely, and that the choice should be based on character and perseverance. 

I don’t think I believe that. 

The body, no matter what form it takes, whether physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually, the body is always the same. It is filled with bones and blood and things of the dead. It’s filled with malice and heartbreak and always ready, poised tears, ready to escape at any given moment. 

This temple, this temple is more like a haunted house, and like a most haunted house, my body is surrounded by a darkness that I seem to embrace as the days go on. And also like haunted houses, the darkness owns me, has claimed me to possess and it targets everyone around me. 

This, this is what I believe.

© 2020 ANR


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

i like haunted houses! another good write. thank you for sharing!

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

28 Views
1 Review
Added on March 21, 2020
Last Updated on March 21, 2020

Author

ANR
ANR

Lawrence County, OH



About
ANR has been writing since 2017 and comes from a family of writers. The young, teen writer is a dedicated volunteer at the Lawrence County Museum and also enjoys photography and poetry. Coming from.. more..

Writing
Alright Alright

A Poem by ANR


Lost Lost

A Story by ANR


A Pack of Our Own A Pack of Our Own

A Story by ANR