Can you use a duplicate charger for your smartphone? & How to identify if your smartphone charger is

Can you use a duplicate charger for your smartphone? & How to identify if your smartphone charger is

A Story by I FIX SCREEN
"

Can you use a duplicate charger for your smartphone? & How to identify if your smartphone charger is fake?

"
One of the most common mistakes we make these days is to use a duplicate charger for our smartphones. If you think that a duplicate charger will be cheap as compared to an original company charger, you are certainly mistaken. There are a lot of drawbacks of using a duplicate charger, such as
1. The output voltage of these chargers is not optimized to your smartphone's configuration. So they get heated up easily and also damage your phone's battery.
 
2. Their charging pin is not precisely designed and has poor finishing. Which damages the contact pins of your smartphone and you end up having loose connection problems.
 
3. In many phones due to an incorrect voltage, the display of the phone starts misbehaving.
 
4. There have been many cases where the smartphones have exploded due to the overheating caused by cheap duplicate chargers.
The cheap duplicate chargers might look like an economical deal in the beginning, but you may end up damaging your battery, display, connection pin or even your complete phone which would be a far more expensive deal than what you were trying to save. Using these cheap duplicate chargers are hazardous to your phone and your life. The original chargers are adequately tested, and specifically designed to suit your smartphone. 
You must also avoid charging your phone with other brands chargers such as using a Samsung charger for a Motorola phone, as different brands have different designs and output levels of voltage and amperes.
You can identify a duplicate charger by three important parameters:
1. Evaluate your charger's quality:
Company original chargers do not have any rough plastic edges, unsightly print, or crooked/dented USB inputs or outputs.
You can also attempt to charge your phone with it. Normally, original chargers charge your phone up to 50% in 30 minutes but a duplicate charger can take longer and also heat up your phone very fast.
2. Verify that the charger's writing isn't on a plug-in side.
If your charger's writing is on the same side as the plug, then your charger is a fake one.
3. Look for the "UL" logo on the backside of your charger. It should be in the lower left quadrant of the charger. The logo resembles a "UL" surrounded by a circle. UL stands for Underwriters Laboratories, which is a safety organization tasked with maintaining safety standards for all marketplace technology. If your charger doesn't have a UL logo, you shouldn't use it.
So next time if you think of opting for a cheap duplicate charger, make sure you don't end up in an expensive settlement for yourself.

© 2019 I FIX SCREEN


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

37 Views
Added on February 27, 2019
Last Updated on February 27, 2019
Tags: smartphone, service, device, repair, samsung, apple, iphone, broken, iot, internet, things