Blue Planet

Blue Planet

A Story by Penelope Rushmoore
"

The opening monologue for my current novel idea. Please rate and review!

"

From the moment we are born, the slow and unstoppable process of death has already begun. Through living, our vessels expend energy that doesn't belong to us in inefficient and insatiable ways, as a result, we ultimately die. It's the same for all things; plants, creatures, people, worlds, even galaxies. And that's just fine. Only my planet has worn out. My planet is dying.

 

The scientists had made an expressed effort to unify with the government and told us that their calculations suggested we had four years to find the perfect solution. As time imperviously moved on, the people became panicked and survival instinct began to take over. There were riots in the streets and the authorities were beginning to lose control. That’s when things started to change. So intent on finding this miracle cure for the planet that they were responsible for draining, the government officials began to force the experts to work longer and harder, not willing to accept that there might not even be a solution to this problem. Eventually, the workers were kept permanently inside the government facilities, unable to ever leave the buildings. The streets became more dangerous by the day and modern society became archaic in the face of a new post modern world that nobody had predicted. Three and a half years have passed. And we're running out of time...

 

* * * 

© 2010 Penelope Rushmoore


Author's Note

Penelope Rushmoore
I want to know if this is gripping enough for a first time reader. Does it draw you in? Do you want to know more?! =p

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Yes! write more! =D it could use a little more.... grip. You could try adding a little suspense? But it is very good, and i definately want to know what happens!!! =D

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is an awesome read. It is most deffinitely gripping and yes I would read more if you post it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

382 Views
2 Reviews
Added on November 7, 2010
Last Updated on November 7, 2010
Tags: penelope, rushmoore, science, fiction, blue, planet, future, space, post, apocalypse, monologue, prologue

Author

Penelope Rushmoore
Penelope Rushmoore

United Kingdom



About
Hi there, I'm a fan of all kinds of writing, at the moment I'm working on a novel, but I have also been known to dabble in fanfiction, some roleplay forums and even a little poetry. I consider.. more..